AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum Interference / Problems  (Read 67038 times)

GlynH

Forum Interference / Problems
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2009, 10:33:59 AM »
AirNav,

Whatever you might have said in private messages is not seen by the rest of us.

All we see is what you post here and at the risk of sounding confrontational (which I am not) you do come across as extremely paranoid and I wish you could see how your attitude comes across to your users especially your stance towards the competition and your hyper-defensive posture towards certain 'unmentionable' issues.

I realise you are justifiably proud of your RadarBox as I am justifiably proud in owning & using it but to take every opportunity to have a cheap shot at the competition you expose yourself not only to ridicule but you risk becoming a target for those who might have an axe to grind or wish to have a dig back.

I also read the latest sales leaflet on the RadarBox that you link to and despite my advocacy for your product to be honest it made me want to throw up. If it was mentioned that it is self contained and needed no 3rd party add-on software to make it work once it was mentioned at least 10 times.

This is obviously a blatant dig at the competitions expense and in poor taste if you ask me.

Also it mentions the receiver is extremely sensitive about half a dozen times.

I know from experience the receiver is extremely sensitive - my two week old receiver was replaced and its replacement was repaired recently. Bear in mind that it has spent most of its life in the box because I found the software unusable for me on my system and you might see my point.

If you ban users who have shelled out $600+ then is it really a surprise that some of those might want to create forums or blogs to shout about their disatisfaction with the Company involved?

As has been said before it is a fact of life that you cannot please all of the people all of the time but you should be capable of rising above all that without hunkering down & being drawn into a slanging match.

You (we) have a great product and it is fine comparing it to the competition which IMHO it beats hands down but to keep harping on about it and putting into type things such as you have makes you come across as childish & churlish and your Company as petty which I would like to believe is not the case.

You have a great product which will stand on its own merits without constantly sniping at the competition or making outlandish statements like that above.

To do so is to the detriment of your own integrity.

I have been on the receiving end of a personal attack from you in this very forum. I did compose a reply but then decided not to post as it would have serve no real purpose other than to risk you digging a bigger hole for yourself.

For those who might be interested;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1304.msg9799#msg9799

My unposted reply has sat here ever since;

http://www.glyn.me/radarbox/reply.htm

I rose above it.

Maybe you should too...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »
Geez...one plus page of replies in the time that it took me to write my last post and none of them about v3.0 Beta...maybe this topic should be locked so we can all move on! :-)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

radarspotter10

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
Geez...one plus page of replies in the time that it took me to write my last post and none of them about v3.0 Beta...maybe this topic should be locked so we can all move on! :-)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

listen everyone it Sunday morning,  i love Sunday mornings i have had a hard Saturday night at work
GIVE ME A BREAK.

EMA

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
Can we please get back on topic - v3.0 beta testing.

Well said tarbat.

AirNav, how about locking this thread and starting a new one - the beta testing stuff is getting lost in here!

Can we please have a new Beta3 thread and any off topic remarks removed?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
Glyn,

You do have to bear in mind that there actually have been attempts here on the forum to discredit both AirNav and RadarBox - and I'm not talking about genuine complaints that people have.  I visit a cross-section of forums such as this and it doesn't take very much to fill in the blanks.  I regularly have quotes I make here cut and pasted into other forums - and not in a pleasant way either!  Like it or not, there are people out there who only want to cause trouble, so I'm not surprised if AirNav feel targeted.

By being so approachable, AirNav have actually made life more difficult for themselves.  If you never get a reply from a company, then the 'arguments' soon dry up.  Another forum that I don't frequent so often these days, the company stopped talking to the users about 18 months ago, leaving the product dealer to communicate with users.

Lets not loose sight of what we are trying to do here.  It's a hobby, not an uprising!

EMA

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »
By being so approachable, AirNav have actually made life more difficult for themselves.  If you never get a reply from a company, then the 'arguments' soon dry up.  Another forum that I don't frequent so often these days, the company stopped talking to the users about 18 months ago, leaving the product dealer to communicate with users.

Lets not loose sight of what we are trying to do here.  It's a hobby, not an uprising!

Well said!

radarspotter10

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »

Well said!

AGREED 110%,
from pat

GlynH

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »
Glyn,

You do have to bear in mind that there actually have been attempts here on the forum to discredit both AirNav and RadarBox - and I'm not talking about genuine complaints that people have.  I visit a cross-section of forums such as this and it doesn't take very much to fill in the blanks.  I regularly have quotes I make here cut and pasted into other forums - and not in a pleasant way either!  Like it or not, there are people out there who only want to cause trouble, so I'm not surprised if AirNav feel targeted.

Yup...I have to agree Gary.

I have many hobbies but none that are capable of generating anywhere near as much 'fan boy' mentality as this one!

You will recall I am sure my first outing almost a year ago now when I asked the same question in both forums and on the other one I was immediately accused and was told that I was being investigated!

That thread was subsequently deleted...

It was that attitude (along with the response and input from AirNav as the manufacturer on this forum) which prompted me to buy into the RadarBox which IMHO is far and away above the SBS-1 for my own particular requirements.

Don't regret it for a minute and always recommend RadarBox to anyone who will isten! :-)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:59:20 AM by GlynH »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
No real suprise with all this guys?

I think it was Pat (forgive me if I'm wrong Pat) who got complained to when the word "vultures" got mentioned wrt releasing version 3

you only have to look around the web to see the latent intent boiling under - seems we (and AirNav) were correct

Hats off to Tarbat, Allocator and the rest of the regular guys doing an incredible job in moving 3 forward - Personally I'm still using version 2 as I simply don't have enough quality time to dig into v3 to do any of the beta testing justice,however am looking forward to switching to it when the time personally is right for me..

Keep up the fantastic work guys and don't get embroiled with having to fend off these time wasters

Happy spotting..........blue skys,cloud disappearing, get the beers out of the fridge and have a great day!

Rich

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Forum Interference / Problems
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
As per some suggestions we have created this new topic to discuss the continued and deliberate attacks, negative posts and similar messages sent ALWAYS from the same users.

Some of them participate in our competitors forum with a total different attitude. One of them (MikeC) is a well known user of our competitors product, is one of the top 5 posters on their forum, is part of the administration of another internet forum where 99% of RadarBox related messages are only intended at damaging the image of the company - and most of them totally false.

So what you sometimes read here are not ingenuous posts but something with hidden objectives.

BTW: I believe our users should know that AirNav Systems has tried to have a permanent advertising on that forum. Have some discussions we found out that our competitors have an permanent H24 advertisement there and they do not pay for it!

Adding to this we are still waiting for "DaveReid" answer to our post.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
Adding to some of this messages, the below topic is also interesting:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2870.0

GlynH

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
Adding to some of this messages, the below topic is also interesting:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2870.0

Interesting??

Yawn....

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
It is very interesting GlynH. Because the user behind those actions is a frequent member of the forum created by MikeC and other competitor product users and is allowed at that forum to post false messages and topics (adding to an external blog) created with the sole intention of damaging RadarBox reputation.

Who knows who is behind all this...

At least our users now know that you and other "users" here are frequent members of that community.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:01:24 PM by AirNav Development »

GlynH

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
Some of them participate in our competitors forum with a total different attitude. One of them (MikeC) is a well known user of our competitors product, is one of the top 5 posters on their forum, is part of the administration of another internet forum where 99% of RadarBox related messages are only intended at damaging the image of the company - and most of them totally false.

Well I must say that my first 'exposure' to him (if it is who I think it is) on the other forum was not encouraging as we appeared to be at loggerheads but then I was the new guy and he had been around the block a few times.

I will say though that despite our differences he comes across as a knowledgable person with a sense of humour and I find the majority of the posts I have read informative & enjoyable and as such feel that by picking or singling out individuals such as MikeC as you do only lines you up for a retribution in one form or another.

We spend hundreds of pounds on the equipment to indulge ourselves as we all share the same interest in this hobby or else we wouldn't be here - or there!

The last thing we want to listen to is drivel, accusations & exaggerations no matter which manufacturer we choose.

Some of us are more outspoken than others however and I class myself amongst that group if you hadn't already noticed! ;^)

He has every right to post here but if you didn't 'goad the natives' so much by your flippant & antagonising outbursts I am sure we could get along a little better even if it might prove impossible to live in peace & harmony ever after! ;^)

I do after all drop in to read the other forums from time to time (as do others who are more active than I am) and have learned a lot from doing so but I hate the politics of it all.

As I said in another post just rise above it, get on with what you do best and don't rise to the bait.

Just my 2c worth of course...:-)

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2009, 12:24:13 PM »
Glyn: our only problem is that we have to read, day after day, week after week, month after month, negative comments (some of them false), negative actions, focusing on negative facts ALWAYS coming from the same users. We also find out that some of them (not all as stated below) have closed connections to our competitors. Others even create blogs to post false facts about RadarBox.

We have a forum with more than 2000 users now, who daily have to read the same messages from the same persons and to be inside this when they simply want to learn more about their hobby.

Would you ban these users? Would turn a topic into a nightmare (just like our V3.0 beta was turned when 99% of the users are extremely happy with the new version)? Would you forget about the forum and "let these guys do whatever they want"?

As told before we are not just another company. We are growing. We want a better product. We want a better software. We want new versions each year. we want new features to be implemented and we will not surrender to this kind of people who just like to see and make negative comments while having a totally different opinion on "other" forums regarding "other" products that don't have a new software version for...3 years. Why don't the complain there?