anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Long Timeouts  (Read 6617 times)

E14

Long Timeouts
« on: February 26, 2009, 04:36:03 PM »
Been watching my box quite a bit today. Managed to pop the supplied aerial onto the window ledge as well so in East London picking up around 50 flights.
However in the last hour my flights have been timing out. Not just one but all of them. Suddenly it goes blank and can take upto 30 seconds for them to re-appear. Also there does not seem to be as many being picked up (ie - i can see ones fly over and nothing on the screen)
Anyway had anything like this before?
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

E14

Re: Long Timeouts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
I may have dicovered what was causing this.
Yesterday I setup an alert for a plane I was tracking from Tenerife. I setup an email and sound alert when it was in range. I justnoticed a lfaint sound and then on the bottom of the screen saying sending email. It was as this point all the timeouts happened.
I have removed all alerts and seems to be better.
Will update later

Nesbit

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »
consider yourself lucky just got my brand new 2009 airnav box up and running and  it does not pick up any aircraft at all apart from network aircraft and i live less than 2 mles from doncaster EGCN (disapointingly not recognised by airnav although its been open a few years) not sure wether to bin it or spend more money on coax, couplers and whatever else to see if i can get it to work, ps am not a radio wizz but any helpful pointers appreciated

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
Welcome to the world of eating little, sleeping little and watching the pc constantly.
What happens to your live traffic? Have you had no local traffic? Where is you aerial situated?

Stuart

Blackthorn

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
consider yourself lucky just got my brand new 2009 airnav box up and running and  it does not pick up any aircraft at all apart from network aircraft and i live less than 2 mles from doncaster EGCN (disapointingly not recognised by airnav although its been open a few years) not sure wether to bin it or spend more money on coax, couplers and whatever else to see if i can get it to work, ps am not a radio wizz but any helpful pointers appreciated

If you are seeing no local pickups ensure you have process hardware flights box checked in the myflights tab.

Also check your antenna connection.

Blackthorn

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
Nesbit,

Restart your RadarBox software, it has a habit of hiding your local flights in network when you run for the 1st time. Once restarted check the message counter at the bottom which will show you whether you are getting messages from nearby aircraft.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »

E14

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
I think my box might be starting to develop a problem. I mentioned the timeouts yesterday. After the box has been powered on for a bit I loose all my local flights and the blue light just flashes. Restarting the software does not solve this and only taking the USB lead out brings it back to life.
This has now happened twice in 24hours

Fenris

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »
I think my box might be starting to develop a problem. I mentioned the timeouts yesterday. After the box has been powered on for a bit I loose all my local flights and the blue light just flashes. Restarting the software does not solve this and only taking the USB lead out brings it back to life.
This has now happened twice in 24hours

Have you ensured that the USB port power management is turned off?

E14

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »
Yeah just checked under my power saving plan on Vista. It shows "USB selective suspend setting" as disabled.
Would the whole box not just turn of though if theer was no USB power? I have a green power light, a blue USB light but NO signal light unless I reset

Fenris

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
Yeah just checked under my power saving plan on Vista. It shows "USB selective suspend setting" as disabled.
Would the whole box not just turn of though if theer was no USB power? I have a green power light, a blue USB light but NO signal light unless I reset

I'm not sure exactly what the USB suspend does, so I mentioned it for completeness. It may well not be the problem.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »
Also check the USB power management settings on your USB root hubs in Device Manager.

E14

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »
Hi Tarbat. Checked under Vista and no setting for that. Its not been happening today so Im suspecting it might be the screensaver that causes it.
Will have to keep checking. cheers for for the help

E14

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
Dam - Just reset and it stopped again after 10 minutes. Going to have to return.