AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting VHF and and HEX ADS-B data with ComStation  (Read 24181 times)

lilrasg16

Getting VHF and and HEX ADS-B data with ComStation
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
On the box, it says "VHF airband" how do I use this feature? Also can I dump the ADS-B Hex codes(i.e. 8D451E8B99019699C00B0A81F36E)?

Runway 31

Re: Getting VHF and and HEX ADS-B data with ComStation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
The VHF requires to be set up by Airnav then it will show on screen, takes a few weeks.  What do you mean by dumping hex codes?  Depending on your location you may be picking up RF interference from the likes of phone masts, if you are in an urban location its highly possible and you may need a filter.  What's you box PGANRB serial number?

Alan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:24:59 AM by Runway 31 »

lilrasg16

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »
The VHF requires to be set up by Airnav then it will show on screen, takes a few weeks.  What do you mean by dumping hex codes?  Depending on your location you may be picking up RF interference from the likes of phone masts, if you are in an urban location its highly possible and you may need a filter.  What's you box PGANRB serial number?

Alan

Why would AirNav have to set up a built-in function? The Hex code is a 112bit message sent from the Tx on the aircraft. It was what the reciver decodes. Rightnow my school project will have no mention of Airnav/radarbox24 because:
  • Can't use the XML port(7879).
  • I'm guessing the hex stream sent to the server is encrypted
  • Probably going to be told that I cant, the ability to do so is impossible, and it violates rules

This is really frustrating. Most other receivers would allow this, let alone one marketed at $700. Yes, I am 'leasing' this receiver, but I think my bandwidth/electricity is worth being able to get raw data for non-commercial uses

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
It may be a built in function but it still needs to be set up to function, the hex data has nothing to do with VHF voice, two completely separate things and why the unit has two antennas.

Yes the data back from the receiver is encrypted on its way back to the server.  However you can see and use the data from the receiver if you use V6 of the Radarbox software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe  Connect the unit to it via your home network.  You will be able to see what the unit is producing via the Mylog/reporter function and be able to prepare reports over whatever timescale you choose i.e daily, weekly, monthly etc see attached

If however you want to see the raw data packets being received from the aircraft you will not get that from any receiver as it is all decoded by the receiver and its software either at the server or locally via the V6 software.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:08:32 PM by Runway 31 »

lilrasg16

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
It may be a built in function but it still needs to be set up to function, the hex data has nothing to do with VHF voice, two completely separate things and why the unit has two antennas.

Yes the data back from the receiver is encrypted on its way back to the server.  However you can see and use the data from the receiver if you use V6 of the Radarbox software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe  Connect the unit to it via your home network.  You will be able to see what the unit is producing via the Mylog/reporter function and be able to prepare reports over whatever timescale you choose i.e daily, weekly, monthly etc see attached

If however you want to see the raw data packets being received from the aircraft you will not get that from any receiver as it is all decoded by the receiver and its software either at the server or locally via the V6 software.

Alan

That's a shame because your software does NOT work. Support pretty much told me it's website or nothing. I would think a nice reciver wouldn't be so restricted. Please get VHF working, because that about the only motivation to not send it back.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
The software works fine give it a try others use it.  I asked you for your receivers serial number to allow me to pass this on to allow them to set up the VHF for the receiver, without knowing what receiver you have how can they set it up.

The receiver is designed to feed its data back for display on radarbox24.com.  If you want it for some other use you may be better off using a different receiver and some preparation on your part may have shown this to you.

I like anyone else on here am a forum member, a user of the equipment or the website helping out other users with their queries.  Could I suggest that instead of ranting you conduct yourself in an appropriate manner.  I realise that you are a young school boy but if you talk to adults the way you write you may find yourself in bother in real life.

Have a good day.

Alan

lilrasg16

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »
Thank you I will pass it onto support. 

Alan

mihalcabogdan

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »
Hello ,Alan ,Can  you advise support to start the VHF for my comstation PGANRB300724?
OMR 120.2 MHz

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »
I will pass it on Mihalca

Alan

hookalaya

• Giant set of balls to big to buy a set of drawers
    • My flightaware stats
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Hi Alan,
Could you please pass my radarbox comstation number PGANRB300957 so I too could get vhf working
Thank you kindly
James

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 05:56:46 PM »
Passed into support James

Alan

hookalaya

• My flightaware stats
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 07:54:01 AM »
Hi Alan,
Just wondering if support have tried to enable the vhf reception on my com station receiver, i received an email saying they couldn't access my receiver and asked me to restart my receiver which I did and emailed them back but got no follow up email

Regards
James

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
Hi James,

Will try and contact them James.  They need to be able to contact the receiver to enable the VHF so leave it on please

Alan

hookalaya

• My flightaware stats
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
No probs it's always connected

Regards
James