anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No routing data  (Read 6682 times)

arejay100

No routing data
« on: February 05, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »
Hi RB Community, has anyone else found recently routing data has disappeared ? Also Logo & Silhouettes are now intermittent.

Runway 31

Re: No routing data
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
No everything is OK.  What version of the software are you using and when did you last download as new Navdata.
When did you last update your logos and silhouettes

Also where on your computer did you install the software to. 

Alan

arejay100

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
Hi Alan

V6.01, by default software is in Program Files (x86)

I assumed V6.01 would be up to date for Navdata, logos and silhouettes, to be honest for all the years I've been using RB I was unaware you could. I've only ever noticed reference to prog updates, rather than individual files on web site.     

Rgds

David

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:51:13 PM »
David,

Since V5 a new Navdata is available each day containing all additions deletions and amendments made in the previous 24 hours in each table.
To update go to  File/Preferences/Database Updates tick all tables and Update All Records then Start Update.  You will see a green progress bar going left to right at the bottom of the window and when finished the update will start to be processed.  When finished you will be advised to restart the app.  On starting up the update process will finish before the app starts.

You should not have installed to the program files location but somewhere like c:\Airnav otherwise you may have issues with the windows virtual store

Logos, silhouettes outlines etc are available from Rods Radarbox page http://www.rodbearden.com/RadarBox/Downloads.htm

Alan

arejay100

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 08:23:18 PM »
Hi Alan
Many thanks for info, I do update regularly, your term Navdata threw me I know it as Database Explorer from File dropdown.
Can I just move the AirNav folder out from Program Files or re-install ?
If it's re-install, can I save the "My Log" data, as in the past I've lost everything ?

Rgds

David

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
Hi David,

Save your mylog.db3 file and any of the other files such as photos etc you may want to keep and replace in the new installation.

Then use Control Panel/Programs and features to remove.  You will then need to go into program files and remove any orphan files left behind.  Once you have done that re-install outwith program files as detailed

Alan

arejay100

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
Hi Alan

The mylog.db3 file doesn't show todays date as I would have expected, or is this just the install date ?
Also at 19kb it's smaller than I thought.

David 

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »
Do you have more than one installation of RB software on your computer, use Windows search to look for all instances of Mylog.db3,  There will be 2 two or three MyLog.db3 files with extra extensions in your data folder, make sure you are looking at the right one and without they other extensions such as bak

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »
David,

As you state you already have done updates and you are not getting the routes etc this would suggest to me that you that you have more than one instance of Radarbox software on your computer.  Can you advise how many records you have in your aircraft table.  There should be around 246,000 records if it has updated to the one you use.

Alan

arejay100

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »
Alan

Found hidden 12mb  MyLog file which I've copied in to fresh install outside of Program Files. Only one copy on this pc.
Re-installed V6.00 (prefer it to V6.01) but still no routing data, updated Navdata 243,522 records.

David

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »
David,

How many routes in the Navdata, I am showing 342,211 from todays download

On File/Preferences/Radarbox have you ticked Auto-populate route data

Alan

arejay100

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »
Hi Alan,

322005 from last update (2 days) and my problem was the auto-populate had un-checked some how.
As it's never happened before not an option I'd looked for.

Many thanks, you been a great help.

David

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
Great, glad its now ok

Alan