AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Radar Box Micro, please help  (Read 7791 times)

stevewilson

New Radar Box Micro, please help
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have a micro Radar Box and cannot get it to work.

I have tried contacting Airnav but never get a reply.  I am becoming very frustrated.

Most of the time the application freezes when I try to run by double clicking the desktop icon.  When it does open it asks me to log in.  Each time I enter my log in details, it rejects them as not being registered.  I have checked my registration and it is ok, I  have even successfully changed my password.

I have removed and reinstalled the software.  I use windows 8.1

I hope you can help.

Regards

Steve

Runway 31

Re: New Radar Box Micro, please help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »
Steve,

The software takes a while to open up so give it time. lots on it.

Please advise me of your auto reply ticket ID from [email protected] and I will get them to reply to it.  Also can you advise when you emailed them please to give them an idea as to where to look for your emails

Alan
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:16:24 PM by Runway 31 »

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
Airnav have not received any emails from you.  I have asked him to email you direct

Alan

stevewilson

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:40:54 AM »
Thank you for all your replies.

I am up and running.

Thank you very much to Akhbar of Airnav for finding thr fix to my problems.  Removing and reinstalling outside of the default program area of my computer resolved my problems.

I am really impressed with the utility so far.  I previously used the SBS1 and 1090 puck from Kinetic.  The Airnav utility is much more user friendly, especially with the maps.

Thank you again.

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »
Glad you are up and running now Steve.  Didn't think of outwith the program files location would fix your issue so good to know.

Alan

stevewilson

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Another day of complete program freezes each time I try to run the program.

Each time the program freezes, so does my computer.   I have had to cold-boot five times so far today.

I have again contacted Airnav for help, but to be honest with you I am close to returning the Microbox for a refund.

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
No one else is having this problem with either the micro or the V6 software.  What OS are you running?

You state that it is when trying to run, do you mean that it never starts up it just freezes as does the computer and you can only get it to do anything by switching off the computer?

Does the software start up if you don't have the stick attached? 

At what stage in the start up does it freeze, what does the start up splash screen show?

Alan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:23:50 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
V6 is very stable and lockups and crashes open loading are usually caused by over zealous anti virus software checking the RB databases as its being loaded which cause a deadlock situation.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

stevewilson

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:56 PM »
I am going to try it on an alternate computer.  Windows Vista with a different anti virus checker.

The PC it is currently installed on runs McAfee

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
You can usually set them to ignore scanning folders/files.

Alan

stevewilson

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Thanks for replying.  Alan, can you please tell me what setting changes I need to make re above.

I am going to persevere with the micro box as when, occasionally, I do get it working it is fantastic.

1.5 hours of frustrating freezes, shut downs and restarts so far today.

Each time I try to download software onto my Vista PC I receive the error message 'server error'.

Sometimes I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.

I do not think it's an anti virus scanning issue.  This morning my PC was on for 20 minutes before I inserted the USB device.  I then waited 10 minutes before running the program and it still froze.

At the moment the Radar Box program is showing as 'Checking Devices@ and has done for ten minutes.  I am shutting down and giving up for the day.

Help me please.

Thanks

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
I have no idea Stuart, each virus checker is different.  I believe that the issue here is the answer given by Airnav in that V6 is very stable and lockups and crashes open loading are usually caused by over zealous anti virus software checking the RB databases as its being loaded which cause a deadlock situation.

As you state you are having issues downloading software so I believe your answer will lay with what is causing that.

You stated that you were going to try another PC with a different virus checker was it just the same on it.  I use Norton on all my computers and have no issues.

I would also suggest you try starting up with the virus checker turned off to see it you still have problems.  I would not connect to the internet during this time.

Alan

stevewilson

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
Time for an update. McAfee deleted and AVG anti Virus installed.  Radar Box Micro tried and froze again.  I disconnected from the internet and turned anti virus off.  Radar Box Micro froze.  I think I have about had enough with the Micro Radar Box; if I cannot get it working soon it will be heading for the bin.

Steve

stevewilson

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Continuing to freeze with each operation no matter what I do.  It's in the bin.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
We are sorry to hear that Steve.

The issue would have been either Antivirus or checking whether you don't have any other USB devices which may be conflicting.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]