AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo uploading problem again  (Read 5278 times)

NigelR

Photo uploading problem again
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:34:27 PM »
Is anyone still having problems with the photo uploading, and getting the 'photo not available' statement for most aircraft? I have been in touch with AirNav support and they seem unaware that it may be a server problem at their end and suggest it is me and my settings. I have not changed anything and photos were loading and auto-populating a week ago.

Thank you

Runway 31

Re: Photo uploading problem again
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 05:57:16 AM »
Nigel,

Nothing has changed from the other thread on the same issue.  There s a problem at the sever end what you are experiencing is being experienced by everyone, no one is receiving photos.  No changes you make will make the photos appear, they will have to do something at their end to correct the proble,.

Alam

Hawkeye

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »
Go on then,
I know I'm not the brightest button in the box when it comes to how these things work,  but why do I have over 24000 photos taking up over 200MB in the Photo file on my PC, and a server is needed get any of 'em to show? What's the difference in this respect between Photos and my other data files - Silhouettes, Flags, Logos etc - which don't have this problem?

Syd,

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »
Syd, 

I am not the brightest button in the box either, however you me and no one else have made any changes to the software or our preferences at our end therefore as it is not at our end  the problem must lay at Airnavs end. The difference I belive is that the photos routine sends a request to the server to check it has the most up to date photo on the server if it doesn't it should download it or display the one it has.  It would appear that it is making the request and is not getting a reply or is getting the wrong response so isn't showing anything.  Logos, silhouettes etc do not send a request to the server therefore they are displaying

It would appear that there has been some new server software installed which is causing this issue and others.

I would suggest that you and everyone else email support and make them aware that you are not happy with the situation and would like it fixed.  Posting on here doesn't make them aware of the issue as the are seldom on.

Alan
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:29:32 PM by Runway 31 »

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Evening Alan, Email sent.
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Cheers Dave

Alan

Hawkeye

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
Thanks for yesterdays reply Alan,
Your assessment of the cause of the problems makes sense even to me.

Although AirNav eventually sorted out the Data Update problem more than 10 weeks after they were informed about it in July, they were also informed about the other problems at the same time, so it strikes me that when you get the type of 'Not Us Guv' response from Support that Nigel received in his opening post, and the standard automated reply Ian got in post 21 in the Metars thread, it's a waste of time any more of us contacting them about it.

I have though sent them an email asking that they sort things out, and also clarify the situation by way of a response to R/Box users in general through this (their) forum, even though as you said, they very rarely bother to post on here.

Syd.

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
The database update issue occurred on 22nd September not July Syd so while it took a while it was no where near as long as you consider.

I have been in contact with them and have provided the information from Keith on the other thread on this subject which has hopefully given them the information they need to resolve the photo issue and I am aware that they are working on it.  It took a number of emails from me before they recognised there was a problem as they thought all was OK hence the reply from support.

If only one or two contact them about an issue they are less likely to look into it than if a larger number contacts them.

Alan
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:27:43 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
We are aware of the issue and looking into this as a priority. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »
Hey, Ive got photos today, thanks support.
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
I've got photos too - I've been in touch with Andre, who says that the METAR issue should be fixed over this weekend, and that new signed Windows 10 drivers might be available sometime next week.

Cross your fingers!
Rod