AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB Drivers  (Read 11182 times)

jacobite

ANRB Drivers
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »
Whilst the windows 8 drivers for ANRB will work with windows 10, they will not work In the anniversary update windows 10.1, unless anyone knows different. It's about time AirNav systems started looking after the people who pay good money for the software but it is useless without the drivers.

Runway 31

Re: ANRB Drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
What did support say when you emailed them?

jacobite

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »
What did support say when you emailed them?

Nobody has bothered to reply Alan, as I have said as long as they have your money they do not seem care about keeping the software updated.

Ah well, back to the Olympics.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:57:04 PM by jacobite »

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 05:58:33 PM »
They should normally reply with 24 hours but as this is the weekend it may be Monday.  Give me your auto reply ticket ID and I will get on to them to hasten the reply

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 06:14:16 PM »
For me it seems, that the only thing thas to be done is to send the drivers to microsoft to get signed.

Sounds easy, but from my professional work life I know, that the things sounding easy are usually the hardest to be done.

Unfortunately, if the problem is indeed caused by the unsigned kernel driver blocking of WIN10.1 there won't be any work-around that time. Which means, Airnav has to sign the drivers or the Classic Hardware won't work anymore.

Would be great if the progress of solving this problem is updated here in the forum until it's fixed.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

jacobite

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »
For me it seems, that the only thing thas to be done is to send the drivers to microsoft to get signed.

Sounds easy, but from my professional work life I know, that the things sounding easy are usually the hardest to be done.

Unfortunately, if the problem is indeed caused by the unsigned kernel driver blocking of WIN10.1 there won't be any work-around that time. Which means, Airnav has to sign the drivers or the Classic Hardware won't work anymore.

Would be great if the progress of solving this problem is updated here in the forum until it's fixed.

Ingo

I do agree with you Ingo. What happens when somebody buys this product? they will find that it wont work because it will not have any up to date drivers with it. AirNav systems have not bothered with any driver updates since windows 8 and how long ago was that.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »
The good thing is that they box has not been on sale for a couple of years but hopefully once you get a reply from support they may be able to assist you.  Can you advise your ticket ID and I will contact them

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »
The good thing is that they box has not been on sale for a couple of years but hopefully once you get a reply from support they may be able to assist you.  Can you advise your ticket ID and I will contact them

Alan

I do not have a ticket ID as yet Alan. In reading what you have said, it looks like I am stuffed with a box that I am not going to be able to use.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »
The mail system send out an auto reply within minutes from each email it receives.  If you have nor receive the auto reply they have not received the email.  I would suggest that you resend.  I have advised them to look for an email from you.

I have not stated anything that would suggest that you are stuffed, only that support may be able to assist

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 10:09:32 PM »
Hi,

We are aware of the issue, background is basically Windows 10 had "softly" stopped unsigned drivers being used but it wasn't being enforced. However in there latest update:

"Windows 10, version 1607, the operating system will refuse to load any new kernel mode drivers that are not signed by the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal, or Dev Portal. To be clear, new installations of this version of Windows 10 will enforce the new driver signing rule, whereas older versions of Windows 10 upgrading to 1607 will not be affected by the change"

This has only recently been announced and has caught many hardware developers out of the blue.

We will be getting the drivers certified and will keep everyone up to date on the progress. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jacobite

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »
The mail system send out an auto reply within minutes from each email it receives.  If you have nor receive the auto reply they have not received the email.  I would suggest that you resend.  I have advised them to look for an email from you.

Hi Alan, email ID is 25081 support have put a response below.

I have not stated anything that would suggest that you are stuffed, only that support may be able to assist

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »
Cheers Ian, hopefully they are working on it as they state.  Certification is not a quick process I believe.

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »
Especially if several hundred hardware manufactures simultaniously sending their drivers to microsoft to get signed, which no doubt will be the case now. I fear that microsoft will be the bottleneck now.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

jacobite

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »
Cheers Ian, hopefully they are working on it as they state.  Certification is not a quick process I believe.

Alan

Only time will tell Alan, in the mean time I have nothing to use. I might consider buying a dongle but I don't know anything about them.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 01:22:01 PM »
They are a doddle, check the threads on dongles but then again they use the same RB6 software

Alan