anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 10 - using Windows 8 drivers  (Read 4924 times)

Tramline

Windows 10 - using Windows 8 drivers
« on: April 17, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »
Hi, I'm being forced to migrate onto Windows 10 from Windows 7.  I understand I need to download Windows 8 drivers to make it work.

Total technophobe here...

The sticky instructions about downloading Windows 8 drivers say to unzip to a 'Folder' - Where should this folder be and what name etc - how do I create such a folder?

Then once thats done I have to 'point' the system to this folder with the new drivers - what does 'point' mean?

Sorry to ask such basic questions!

Any help or comments I'd be very grateful

Cheers
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Runway 31

Re: Windows 10 - using Windows 8 drivers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »
If you right click on your desktop, a window will open and one of the choices is New, hover over new and a new window will open and at the top it states folder, click on it and a folder will show on your desktop, rename it W8 Drivers or the like.

Go to http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip and download the drivers.  They are zipped so will need to be extracted so unzip them the W8 Drivers folder you just made.

Point means guide the system to the W8 Drivers folder at the appropriate stage in the installation process.  Unfortunately I am on Windows 7 so I don't know if it is the same. 

For W7 it is Start, Control Panel./Devices and Printers and you will see the Radarbox.  Right Click on the Radarbox Icon and you will see Properties.  Click on Properties and then Hardware Tab, the Properties then Change Settings, Driver, Update  Driver, Browse My Computer the click Browse to take it to (POINT TO) the W8 Driver folder and click OK t0 start the installation process.  Adapt this to the W10 process.

Alan

Graemeyboy

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »
Hi There, I have just upgraded from Windows7 to Windows 10 and I didn't have to download Windows 8 drivers . My Radarbox worked straight away without any complications at all. I think Windows 10 allows you keep files and this may be why it worked . Hope this helps .

Tramline

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:13:02 PM »
Thank you to both Graeme and Alan.  My upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 seems to be taking forever with downloads and re-starts.  I will report back when it finally takes place. 

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »
Good luck with that - my upgrade from 7 to 10 went like Graemeboy's - RadarBox worked immediately without any need to do anything about drivers.
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »
Tramline,

It may be worthwhile contacting support if you are having problems [email protected]

Alan