anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 6.00.000  (Read 13408 times)

Runway 31

Re: Version 6.00.000
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
Tell me about it, took the laptop with me yesterday to Alicante with my new DVT stick and V6 wouldn't start up as I had no internet

Alan

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »
"For info V6 only works if connected to the internet.

Alan"

i use V6 regulary ( just yesterday again ) on my laptop with the normal RadarBox "in the field" around a airfield, most of the time no WiFi around : never need internet connection to make it work, .... except if you want the network, but spotting at the end of a rwy i'm only interested of what is heading my way anyway ;-)

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 03:12:13 PM »
I have asked Airnav and am waiting on a reply. 

Like you I don't want or need a network connection at the airport but the version 6 I have (downloaded from the support page) will not let me open up unless I am connected to the net.  The Start Up screen only offers me Cancel or Connect as per attached.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »
strange, my version also say's V 6.00.000
but i use the "/connect" addition in the target field of the shortcut to "bypass" that screen
the command line  for that shortcut looks like this : C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\ANRB.exe" /connect
i never tried it with the regular way to do it ( and after reading this i'm not planning to ), one of the first things i do when installing RB is altering the shortcut this way.
as said, i do not use a dongle, just the good old RB box, here is a simulation as if i would use my laptop "in the field"

: disconected my laptop from internet and launched RB ; see the screenshots

1) property screen of the shortcut
2) start-up screen : see NO internet connection
3) program running V 6.00.000, still no internet connection,

just like it runs like i use "in the field"

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 07:36:10 AM »
Thanks I will look at amending the startup line when I have finished looking at your screensaver!!

Alan

pilot4g

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 09:13:18 AM »
V6 is based on V5, so what is missing in V5 is missing in V6 except the capability to work with DVB-T SDR DONGLES and the AirNav Systems Comstation, which wasn't integated in V5. Furthermore the 3D option ia not available in V6.

Ingo

What "dongles" are supported? Is this software now compatible with most of the common units or just the "airnav" version usb sticck?

Thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 11:17:50 AM »
Most DVB-T dongles work with V6.  Note however you may need to use the correct drivers for the dongle to get it to work correctly as they are primarily designed for digital TV, for example I had to install the Zadig divers before my NooElec DVB-T stick would work.

Alan

pilot4g

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »
Most DVB-T dongles work with V6.  Note however you may need to use the correct drivers for the dongle to get it to work correctly as they are primarily designed for digital TV, for example I had to install the Zadig divers before my NooElec DVB-T stick would work.

Alan

I tried and using zadig drivers with my flightaware prostick with V6, can't find anywhere in the v6 software to select. Or configure it.  Same use stick with same zadig drivers working great with planeplotter.  So is there a way to setup V6 for this to work?

Runway 31

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »
No idea about the flightaware stick and don't know if it needs the Zadig drivers.  However you should be able to upload via the setting in Planeplotter under Options/Sharing/Setup and tick Enable sharing with Radarbox24.  Also witjh Planeplotter you can output via I/O setting/ Output Data TCP/IP server
Enable/30003

Alan

Siddy

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 10:21:16 PM »
Readimg above I've now got this running as a service, the "start application with windows" box only bypassed the login box starting normally. but using the /connect runs a treat. Now feeding flight and weather from a Hp Microserver from south Leeds area.

To top it off my maps face the right way where im sat now lol.
Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk