anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logo question  (Read 3947 times)

Blueboy

Logo question
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »
Hi, my new local search and rescue helicopter has a call-sign of CG999 - I copied a logo already in the data for GMCGH and renamed it CG999 but whenever that Flight ID appears it never seems to pick up the logo. Is there a protocol for logos ?

J.D

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Logo question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »
Hi JD - there certainly is - it's spelled out here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6514.msg71413#msg71413
Rod

Blueboy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:43:23 PM »
Hi Rod, thanks for the link - guess I'm out of luck then as there is corresponding three letter code as far as I know.

J.D

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »
This is a Bristow helicopter, so you can use Database Explorer to add a new entry:  Bristow Helicopters in column CN,  BHL in column C3, and CG in column C2, then after you restart RadarBox,any aircraft with an ID of CGnnnn will show the BHL logo.

If you would rather CG showed a different logo, for example a Coastguard one, find any unused three-letter code and use that instead. I've just whipped up a general-purpose Coastguard logo called CGU that you could use for that (I'll repeat it in the logos thread.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:10:21 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Blueboy

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:27:44 PM »
Hi Rod, good suggestion but there is already another airline with code CG - TOK - I think its Papua New Guinea Airlines. Since I'll probably not see any TOK aircraft in Scotland I've just change the TOK logo to the Bristow / Coastguard logo. Hope that makes sense !!

J.D

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:57 PM »
I does - I've done that myself for several codes.
Rod