AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 13457 times)

scampton

Re: Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
The bcdedit trick is used at the windows command line. It doesnt always work. It really was a last resort. I tried the Win8 advice but didnt get any luck. A web search about driver signing will tell you about disabling driver signing with this method.

NB

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »
Problem solved! thanks Support!

AnyAir

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
Re Reply #7, I have used Phen24 with great success and managed to get ANRB running on a Win 10 installation at last!  But the advice in #7 is misleading. The step between 4) and 5) is impossible as it stands. Without Howtogeek.com/167723 I'd have never sussed it. It has to do with digital driver signing which most of us non-geeks have not got a clue about. Nor is the unzipped ANRB software in the USB controllers but in 'other'. It moves to USB after it has been installed.
Can't support please put that howtogeek article as a reply to anyone who, like me, is getting frustrated by being unable to install the drivers in Win 10. Searching on 'Windows 10 Drivers' does not automatically reveal this page 8485.0 but rather 8268.0 or something else.

So if I upgrade to windows 10 will air nav still work or will I have to re install?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:01:00 AM by AnyAir »

neroon79

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
If you are lucky and if you have the Radarbox connected to the PC during the upgrade to WIN10, you will have a 90% chance that ANRB sodtware and hardware will run without any additional action after the WIN10 upgrade process.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

sonar9k

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »
Hello,
i am suffering from exactly the same problem spent 8 hours trying to solve it with no luck..
any help would be appreciated very much...

PC with windows 10 installed and no previous installs of Airnav software or Radarbox drivers
so this was a fresh install..

i managed to downaload and install airnav version 50072 something...
and then downloaded the 64bit drivers and also the windows 8 drivers...

the software is installed but cant get the drivers to identify with the radarbox

went into devices --- device manager --- Airnav radarbox ( which is listed under other devices) - right clicked on airnav radar box-- update driver -- then went to the 64bit extracted drivers folder... then my problem appears...
windows says " Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device "
"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering"

i have also repeated the steps above with the windows 8 drivers with the same error msg....

any help with solving this issue is much appreciated ...

windows 10
64 bit
Airnav radarbox (one of the old ones)

cheers

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 08:19:10 AM »
Did you follow the advice in the Windows 8 sticky at the top of the page.  If so and are still having the problem, speak to [email protected] for advice and they will help get you up and running

Alan

ICBishop

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »
Re Reply #7, I have used this and managed to get ANRB running on a Win 10 installation at last!  But the advice in #7 is misleading. The step between 4) and 5) is impossible as it stands. Without Howtogeek.com/167723 I'd have never sussed it. It has to do with digital driver signing which most of us non-geeks have not got a clue about. Nor is the unzipped ANRB software in the USB controllers but in 'other'. It moves to USB after it has been installed.
Can't support please put that howtogeek article as a reply to anyone who, like me, is getting frustrated by being unable to install the drivers in Win 10. Searching on 'Windows 10 Drivers' does not automatically reveal this page 8485.0 but rather 8268.0 or something else.

ICBishop

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
Further to my comments in reply #21, the success was with a desktop PC. But I don't really want to leave that running ad infinitum. I have had ANRB running on a Win 7 upgraded to Win 10 laptop for months (it was running on it before the u/g) but that laptop has had a major glitch in that the Start Screen has stopped working.
I therefore wanted to set ANRB up on another (older) Win 10 running laptop. After much trying and not a little bad language I have got the Win 8 drivers installed BUT the only software that will load and install is 2.09 from my original disk. It will not, however, allow me to get the program running, merely telling me that it is "hardware checking" but no aircraft ever appear on screen.
The obvious thing (you would expect) is to u/g to 6.00 but although it appears to load, as soon as I press the START button I get "Access violation at address 008E20AF in module 'ANRB.exe' - Read of address 0000036C." To a non-geek like me that is the most unhelpful report ever - especially as it repeats every second forcing me to shut down the laptop to clear it.
Any kind thoughts, anyone?

Why, oh why, can't there be one decent software upgrade (perhaps paid for) that will work on Win 10. The new OS has several glitches in it but it's been available for developers for some two years now, and there are a lot of us out here using ANRB. Or is it time to jump ship?

Runway 31

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 01:17:18 PM »
When you state Windows 8 driver did you use the info in the Windows 8.1 part of the sticky.  Also is your O/S 32bit or 64bit as you may need to use the 64bit drivers.

Rather than upgrade to V6, it may be better to use the full install of V6 after deleting the original version and install to C:\ Airnav or the like and don't go near the vitual folder c:\program files\

Why not contact support@airnavsystems for assistance.

Alan
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:19:34 PM by Runway 31 »