anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 6879 times)

Im at Brize Norton

Help Please
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »
I recieved this Email & was wondering if some one could help me sort this out .

do you have the knowledge and capability to change your ANRB
database? You are regularly reporting RAF L-1011 Tristars and
Tornadoes that have been turned into beer-cans .AAC Lynx' that are scrapped

neroon79

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:44:20 AM »
Which Version of ANRB software are you using? If not V5.00.072 update to this version and download newest database by using database explorer.

If you are using the newest software and database the server database has to be updated by the database updates team. But this take so e time, as a lot of airframes have to checked.

By the way who sent you that e-mail?

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:37:33 AM »
Can you advise which hex codes you are picking up which are wrongly tied up in the database and I will investigate.

There are no Tristars for example left in RAF service and RAF hex codes are not re-issued so I am at a loss to explain how you can be picking them up and reporting them.

As Ingo asks, do you have a regularly updated database?

Alan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:40:36 AM by Runway 31 »

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 04:18:33 PM »
 I hope this help's
 i 'm using  ANRB software  5.00.072 . I always thought database was up dated automatically so how do i go about? : downloading newest database by using database explorer : ref:  hex codes i will contact the person who emailed me. The person who messaged me was. Graham Tanner (G6SUQ).
West London, UK.

Ivor

neroon79

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
Hi Ivor,

goto File --> Databaser Explorer -> Database Updates and then klick "Start Update".

Have you manually altered entries in your database? If not or if you don't need the altered entries anymore select "Update All records (Overwrite...)"  This will synchronise you local database with the server database.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
Hi Ivor,

Further to Ingo, once the process is finished it will advise you to close down and restart to finish the process.  Once you have restarted and it is back up and running if you go to Database Explorer/Aircraft table you should see 228,*** or so rows added in **ms.  That is the number of records in the aircraft table.

If you have not updated using this process you must have the 80,000 records of the original table so I am not surprised if your reports have been wrong.

A new updated database is available each night for download as required.

Alan

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »
Hi Alan & Ingo
Folowed your instructions and selected "Update All records (Overwrite...)" 
19:29:35: Update Started.
19:29:35: Checking Server for Updates.
19:29:36: Creating Backup.
19:29:36: Downloading New Database from Server.
19:29:36: New Database Size: 74337 Kbytes.
19:33:56: Processing Downloaded Data.
19:34:00: Creating working database copy...
19:34:00: Processing airports table...
19:34:00: Processing actype table...
19:34:01: Processing aircraft table...
19:34:08: Processing airlines table...
19:34:09: Processing routes table...
 19:34:17: Update Completed. Restart application
 Restarted and went to Database Explorer/select table each one is shown.
 Aircraft is showing 80167 rows loaded in 418 ms
Aircraft type showing1086  rows loaded in 12 ms
Airlines      showing 1094 rows loaded in 3 ms
airports   13297 rows loaded in 55 ms
routes showing 124645 rows loaded in 346 ms
Is this correct ??

Ivor

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »
Ivor,

No it isn't.  You should have over 228,000 records on the aircraft table.  You must have more than one version of Radarbox on your computer and the update is going to the wrong one.

Use windows search to look for all instances of NavData.db3 on your computer.  You will find files with similar names but with other extensions but you are looking for the one exactly as I have detailed.  The one you are looking for is around 66,275KB in size and will have todays date.

There will be one instance of Navdata.db3 in each instance of the Radarbox software on your computer and will need to replace the old one with the new one with todays date and size as detailed.

Alan

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »
Hi,

For some unknown reason, windows won't allow me to do a file search.

A workaround i have found is, i went into airnav box folder, data and found : Navdata.db3 which was dated back in 2009.

I tried deleting the file (stored it away in backup)
commenced update again,
Rebooted Airnav and now it showing 228205 rows

Whats odd, i went back into the data folder and Navdata.db3 is still not present. So obviously Airnav is now using the new file where ever it seems to be!

But atleast this should mean it will update but still very odd.

(in couple days, if the database increases in size, could someone reply back mentioning the size difference so i can try updating and making sure the process will work for future updates.

Thanks for all the help !

Ben (Ivors son)

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
Hi Ben

At least its seeing the updated database now which will make a big difference.  There will be another data folder on the other Airnav installation which will probably be in program files.
Alan

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 10:17:32 PM »
Thanks Alan
I contacted The person who messaged me about wrong data & Hex codes . Graham Tanner (G6SUQ).
West London, UK.
I had a reply from him tonight
his reply was

Hex-codes ARE re-issued!

You are listing 43C1BF as being RAF TriStar ZD948

Some others that you have wrong ...

AE540A is V22 11-0058 (you have -0069) ... -0063 has *only just* been
delivered in the last 2 days)
AE54CC is C30J 11-5759 (you have 11-5769 which is not even built yet)

While you are asking questions on the ANRB forum, please ask them why
they insist on should 'from' and 'to' airfields for military flights
which are plainly wrong, irrelevant and pointless.

If you want to repy to Graham Tanner just message me & i will foward it to him.

Thanks Again Ivor

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 08:36:18 AM »
Hi Ivor,

Please remember you were using a database which is around 6 years out of date and the installation of the updated one will correct the majority of any erroneous information you were previously showing.  The RAF doesn't normally reuse hex codes but some foreign forces do.

43C1BF ZD948 isn't flying and is I believe at Bruntingthorpe to be broken up for spares so I am at a loss as to how you could be picking up its hex to report it as it has not been reallocated.

AE54CC, the 6 was a typo now corrected and please advise Graham he is wrong as it is 12-5759 not 11-5759 as he states and is shown on the attached photo https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_bell_photography/16004925626/

A lot of these military aircraft are added in to the database at an early stage of their existence and the known information may change.  I use a well known and respected database as well as forums and websites such as military mode-s for tie up information and the information available can change frequently and tie ups may have been wrongly associated in the first place, possibly due to assumptions in sequences.  This is especially apparent for foreign military aircraft which are only noted as being incorrect when the come to these shores.  I have seen many a debate on such matters on the mode-s forum.  Also I am only human and on occasion press the wrong button inputting the data like I did when entering the serial for AE54CC.   Unless I am advised either through me picking the correction along the way up or through being advised on the forum it will stay in the database as is. 

The database update request thread is not only for adding new aircraft to the database it is for advising corrections and I am happy to be so advised when necessary as has occurred on this occasion with the two noted above.

Regarding the route info for military flights.  It is the same routine which is used for all flights.  The system detects the take of and landing point and adds it to the database where the route is showing blank.  This is ok for scheduled civil flights as they usually but not always fly the same route day in day out.  Military, business and light aircraft use the same flight ID more than once but mostly fly different routes each time so the routine is not applicable to them but it cannot be on for some and off for others and once entered can only be manually changed.  Before sending a report I go down it and delete the plainly wrong, irrelevant and pointless route information from these flights.

I can get Grahams contact details from mode-s forum but I am happy to be advised of new hex codes with no info and incorrect data and please feel free to advise on the database update thread.

It is not only new data which is added to the database each day but also amendments and deletions so it is important to regularly use the update facility to ensure the one you are using is as up to date as possible.  The two above you have advised me on have been amended and you will note the changes on the Navdata update available tomorrow.

Please feel free to forward this reply to Graham and thank him for pointing out those 2 inconstancies.

Alan

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:24:05 AM by Runway 31 »

neroon79

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »
Hi Alan,

Regarding the route routine: isn't it possible to add a filter that blocking out or ignore all flight ids starting with RRR or GAF GAM and several other BIZ jet operators.  Can't be that complicated.

Ingo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:26:06 AM by neroon79 »
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »
I don't know Ingo I have asked for that previously but in addition to that we would require to delete all such flight ID,s from the database as these have already populated and I for one don't fancy deleting each one individually.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »
Ivor,

Have subsequent updates installed OK?

Alan