anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 & Windows 7  (Read 2908 times)

dredwood

AirNav RadarBox 2009 & Windows 7
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
Hi,

I've got the above software (version 2.01) running successfully on my desktop (XP) at home. I have now installed the same software on my Windows 7 laptop.
When I attach the radarbox and run the software the following happens:-
1. Green power light on hardware is li and no other lights are lit.
2. On the software screen the hardware is indicated by a red square (hardware not connected).

I went through the control panel, device manager & USB controllers and found that the driver version was 2.2.4.0  ..... A yellow triangle with exclamation mak was visible on the ANRB under USB controllers. 
When I right clicked on ANRB the driver status was
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Copde 52)"

Has anyone any idea what I am doing wrong and how to rectify my problems?

Runway 31

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 & Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:39:49 AM »
Dredwood,

You have said that you have Windows 7 but have not stated whether it is 32bit or 64bit.  With what you describe I suspect that you have the 64bit version and will therefore require the 64bit drivers from the support page. http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

These are a zipped package so you will require to unzip them to somewhere like the desktop and when requested by the driver installer routine, direct it to where you unzipped then to.

To install go to Start/Devices and Printers and under unspecified you will find your Radarbox.  Right click on it/Properties/Hardware/Properties/Change Settings/Driver/Update Driver/Browse my computer for driver software/ then use the browse function to direct it to where you unzipped the driver package to and press the next button and the drivers will install.

Unless you have a particular reason for wanting to stay on 2009, why not download and install Version  5.00.72 from the support page also.

Alan

dredwood

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »
Hi Alan,

Decided to download the new software onto my 64bit Windows 7 laptop as you suggested. I then downloaded the 64bit drivers and all is working ok.

Many thanks.

Derek

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »
Pleased to help Derek

Alan