AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB Supplier Locations  (Read 5398 times)

Wayne

RB Supplier Locations
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »
Hi

Having a bit of trouble in the last few days with what I suspect could be a hardware problem. I am getting frequent loss of the signal light which goes out for maybe 2 to 3  seconds and the number of messages received on the RB screen plummets to 0. When the signal comes back the count picks up to normal but on occasions the list in the My Flights section of the screen has cleared and the map and aircraft on it have frozen.

I wondered if there was something amiss internally with the box itself or maybe the cable although I have checked that the pin is presented ok into the connector.

I bought the set from ML & S and I know the supplier has changed. I am sure there was a link on here somewhere to a web site which showed new supplier locations. Can anyone remind me of the web address for this ?

Incidentally, I know the antenna is not specifically a desktop antenna but what's the advice for having it located outside specifically in rain ? Would this cause damage ?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

steveb25

Re: RB Supplier Locations
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
Wayne the warranty issue will be handled by Airnav themselves if you have any issues. I am sure they will tell you the same thing very shortly, as they monitor this forum nearly all the time and respond very quickly.

steveb25

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
Wayne

Sorry for the 2 part answer, should read all the message first.

The AE as far as I know is designed for outdoor use therefore the effects from rain should be minimal.The only thing I would suggest is maybe some tape around the base of the AE to stop water ingress into the screw thread

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
Wayne,

I see you question has already been answered by steveb25, but here is the link to the suppliers anyway.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=756.0

I used the standard RB antenna outside for about 4 months in all weathers without any problem.  I'm now using an external BS1100 antenna and carry the standard antenna around for portable use.

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
Cheers Steve

I did use it outdoors yesterday and it rained but at the time I never thought anything about it and wondered if that could be a part of the cause of the signal loss. Yesterday the signal and the USB light went out a few times but came back again after I 'messed with' the antenna cable into the back of the RB. It's running perfectly now but thre have been many instances since where the signal is lost for 2 to 3 seconds.

Thought it maybe wise to get it checked with a supplier but I bought it in Chertsey but actually live in South Yorkshire hence need to find a supplier inmy area.

Wayne

Wayne

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »
Thanks Allocator

I knew you would know. Impressed as always !

Wayne

Wayne

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Er, just one other thing. If there is a problem with hardware are these suppliers RB retailers or do they do repairs on the premises ?

Wayne

steveb25

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
Wayne

There has been a issue with the centre connector in the back of the SMA plug that connects the AE to the radar box. Unscrew the connector and make sure that the little gold pin is pushed all the way out. (it happened on mine and I lost all signals) Just give it a gentle push and the pin may move slightly. It sound that if you played with the AE connector and the signal came and went you could have a pin issue (see posting silly SMA plug)

steveb25

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
Wayne

As far as I know they are just retailers.