anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Recording Network Data  (Read 2949 times)

megadaptor

Recording Network Data
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »
I am quite sure this must have been asked before but is there a simple way to record the network data as I am off to Los Angeles in two weeks and would like to record all data around LAX so when I get home I might be able to tie up the aircraft seen. I know how to record my local flights and replay them.

Any suggestions.

Paul De'ath

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Recording Network Data
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
This isn't possible via RadarBox software.

Your local data can be recorded/saved but network data that is generated from other boxes cannot be recorded/saved.

We do have custom solutions if you want access to network data however they are custom solutions and will incur a extra cost.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »
Paul,

I could suggest that you update the Navdata before leaving and when you get back note all your unknowns and post them here and I will attempt to tie them up.

Alan

megadaptor

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »
Alan,

thanks for your reply but I am not sure what you mean. I know there is a database called Navdata.db3 but what does this store. I was hoping to have a list of planes seen in an area which I haven't been able to ID and run my recording for the time and date and hope to locate the aircraft in question and so ID it. With this data not being recorded I wondered what Navdata gives me. I don't want anybody spending hours trying to locate this data. It was just a thought to help increase my numbers in the bag. If I have access to Wi-Fi then I'll log in to the radarbox24 site but I do not want to rack up large data access bills if not on Wi-Fi.

Paul

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
Paul,

The Navdata is the database for RB which contains over 220,000 records of tied up hex codes as well as details of routes, aircraft types etc which RB uses to detail what you are picking up.

Mylog/Reporter details what you have picked up to whatever frequency you choose daily, weekly, monthly annually etc. i.e. what you are asking for.

If you chose to deal with it on a daily,weekly whatever basis the hex codes not tied up are at the top of the list.  These can then be cut and pasted onto the d/b update thread and I would then be able to tie them up, hopefully.  Just remember that not everything will be able to be tied up as there are lots of miscodes out there being used by aircraft especially in the US.

What version of RB are you using, the latest V5 has an updated Navdata available for downloading each day showing the additions, deletion, amendments made to the database in the preceding time since you last updated

Alan