AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Data Gaps  (Read 3427 times)

Rural Outpost

• Still waiting to pick up a DAN AIR HS748 !
Data Gaps
« on: July 20, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
Morning,

I am missing registrations from about 50% of the aircraft I am picking up this morning. Can anyone please advise how I can fi

MTIA
Shawn

Runway 31

Re: Data Gaps
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
Presumably these are in your local flights, can you give some examples of the aircraft with missing data. Is it only the registration that is missing with the other data complete.

Has this happened before and do you have an up to date Navdata installed.  Where on your computer do you have Airnav installed too?

Is it still the same when you close down RB and restart. 

Alan
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:15:02 PM by Runway 31 »

Rural Outpost

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »
Apologies I couldn't log back in until now.  I haven't updated the software for over a year so I have no doubt this could be an issue. This morning I didn't receive registration of 39840E OA0074 02A1CB and flights AAF261B and VLG1374 all in about 5 mins. I have one of the original Radar Boxes without 3D. There are so many different types now I am unsure which software I need to load to update. Any help appreciated.

Regards
Shawn

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
Hi Shawn,

That may be your problem.  The 3 with the hex codes are in the database so should show OK.

If you are using version 5 install the last published update to version 5.00.71 http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe

If you are not using version 5 install the last full update V5.00.65 http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe 

Install it and then update to version 5.00.71 and once up and running carry out a database update through database explorer.  Keep any of the files such as logos if you wish to replace the ones that come with the update.  It is easy to update to the latest logos, outlines, silhouettes through Rods page though.

If you are not using version 5 it may be an idea to delete the software you are using otherwise just leave it and install over if you are already on version 5.

Any problems let me know.

Alan

Rural Outpost

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
Thanks Alan.

Will give this a go. I believe I am using an old version 4:03 ?

The link is currently showing error but I will keep trying. As I am not great with IT will there  be an issue with just down loading version 5 ? Unless you can direct me how to delete the old version. am using windows 7.
Very grateful for your help\

Regards

Shawn

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »
Shawn,

I will find out why the link to V5.00.65 isn't working and get back to you.  The V5.00.71 update is OK but you need v5.00.65 first.

There shouldn't be any issue just loading version 5, just make sure is goes to c:\Airnav and not the progam files location.  If my memory serves me OK it should load to c:\Airnav by default.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
Shawn,

An error on my part here.

The support page contains a link to the v5.00.71 full install
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50071Setup.exe

Alan

Rural Outpost

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
Alan,

I am now bang up to date and all running smoothly.

Thank you for your excellent support !

Download took just over 3 and a half hours.

Regards

Shawn

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
Any time Shawn.

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
I am having the same problem, although I have v5.00.071. I have updated the database and rebooted ANRB a couple of times but it makes no difference.
Primarily a/c registrations are missing but occasionally a/c type as well.
Most are basic a/c ie G-EUPU a/c rego shows in the photo of aircraft box below main list panel, but doesn't show in list also the odd one 4CAA5F (Ryanair) has a photo but no data at all in the list.

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
Sketco,

Has this just started occurring today and the software has been working away quite happily previously

Also can you advise the aircraft total in your aircraft table and advise where on your computer have you installed Airnav and the version of Windows you are using.

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
Hi Alan,
It began with the update of 5.00.71. Happily working until then.
Although, oddly I just updated DB for the third time and now the A/C regos are populating (mostly except 4CA769 for some reason has previously stated fault) but the logos for like companies are missing ie 4 ryanair a/c in list only one has a logo in the Airline tab. So not sure if it is fixed or not I still get a few  blank lines but not as many as before the third update.
Running under Windows 8.1. C:/program files (x86)/Airnav Systems. Not sure what you mean by aircraft total
Cheers

Sketco

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
Alan, Belay my last. There is a pattern here that explains the logo problem. Even when all info is in the table no logo appears only where there is no flight ID even when rego and airline is identified. So I guess the third update fixed my loss of rego problem. I can live with the no logo issue.

Cheers and many thanks for your comeback

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:19 AM »
Sketco,

The logo is derived from the flight ID so no flight ID, no logo.

We advise users not to use the program files installation location as you can get problems with the windows virtual store and would suggest installing to somewhere like c:\Airnav instead.  This may be the cause of the issues you are seeing so I would suggest that you remove your installation and re-install as suggested.  If however you are not to sure about what you are doing, leaving alone may be the best bet.

If you go to File/Database Explorer a window will open up with two tabs on of which is Tables.  The next row states Select Table, select Aircraft and in the bottom left of the aircraft table you should see 222,*** rows loaded in x msec.  I was suggesting you check this to ensure the correct Navdata update is being read by the system.

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 08:20:04 AM »
Thanks Alan.
No flight ID no logo, understood thanks for clarifying that.
It seems to have settled down overnight with a fourth update which is now performing a routine of verification of data items downloaded during the download process, which it hadn't done before. The number of  missing regos has more than halved. I might leave well enough alone and keep the default directory at my peril as I now have a healthier looking list, but your change of directory recommendation is noted thanks.