anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Real time" delay  (Read 8381 times)

bravo_echo

"Real time" delay
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »
As a new user I'm still pretty green in the use of radar box software.
I am paying the large fee for so called real time.
However I can see a huge delay in the indicated aircraft position and its actual location as confirmed by radio. ie. the aircraft calling finals when its still indicated as being miles away on the display.  I estimate 5-8 min delay. I'm in the UK and using Gatwick for this example. I guess there could be a slight delay because of the net relay but this is silly and its costing a lot of money for a service I'm not getting.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: "Real time" delay
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:47:34 PM »
It shouldn't be in 5-8 minutes, that sounds like your still on delayed network. If you go to Tools -> Account in RadarBox does mentioned the Real Time network.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bravo_echo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Sequence of events.

I purchased the system mid Dec (13) shortly after I tried the free 15 day trial of the real time upgrade.
When the 15 days expired the £65.95 fee was taken from my account but I had NO internet Radar Box access at all for 24-48 hours, after a couple of emails it was reinstated.
The system is telling me it IS real time but its not and now today I see you have refunded my account.

Can somebody please tell me what is going on. It would help if tech support would give a little more than just a few words in reply so the answer could be understood.

So far I'm a very disappointed customer.

Thanks

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
Another way of checking whether you are getting live data is the update rate - for the delayed network it's every 30 seconds, for the live network it's every 20 seconds. Hope that helps.
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
Hi b_e, quoting from your earlier reply

"The system is telling me it IS real time but its not and now today I see you have refunded my account."

If your payment has been refunded, I wouldn't expect you to be able to access the Real Time or 5 mins Delayed network info, or do AN still give a 12 month subscription to new buyers, which would give you the 5 mins delayed network info.?   HTH
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »
Still get 12 month 5 minute delayed network with new box

You get your network status as per the shot
Once you sign up for the network you have to contact support with your  PGANRB*** number to get them to activate it at their end as it doesnt connect automatically.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:06:19 PM by Runway 31 »

bravo_echo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:40 PM »
I thought when the real time trial ended the program would revert to the 5 min delay (as I still had 11.5 months left to run) but as I said the network disconnected totally.

Yes the status bar at the bottom of the screen shows a 20 sec update.  (real time)? Today I'm listening to aircraft established on the three mile final into London Heathrow but the Radar box display shows the aircraft still miles away basically on a downwind leg. At least a 5 min delay.

Brian

bravo_echo

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
Yes the "tools status" does show real time data active.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
It looks like while it is showing live your are on 5 minute dalayed.  Contact with support direct may be more productive as they only pop in here now and again

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »
Hi bravo_echo,

Been a bit of confusion on emails which has caused this. We will explain what happened you started a free trial of Real time network and as per the conditions of the trial you didn't cancel before it ended and hence we tried to charge you but the payment was rejected initially causing you to be disconnected. The trial was only setup for two weeks and it does not automatically go back to your initial 12 months free delayed network without emailing us.

Your email to us at the time seemed to indicate you wanted to go back to your 12 months delayed network and not pay for realtime. At that time your charge for realtime went through and you were reconnected. As per your email though we refunded you  and you were advised of this on the 6th.

If you want to keep it as realtime please email us and we will setup the charge again otherwise you will get delayed network only.

I hope that helps and explains why there was some confusion.
[email protected]

bravo_echo

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply which has clarified things somewhat and to all others that replied thank you.

Can you please tell me how I stand now, has the system returned to delay even though its telling me it is real time?  As I said the display is nothing like real time when compared to the radio transmissions. Looks to be at least a 5 min delay.  ie: aircraft reporting established for runway 09 when the display shows them heading 270 some miles South of the airport)

I will pay for real time if I can actually get real time updates.

Thanks again

Brian

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »
You are on delayed at the moment as the realtime charge was refunded. Please email us to confirm you would like Realtime and we will restart the subscription.
[email protected]

bravo_echo

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
Thank you for that.

One last question.  6 month real time costs are advertised at 59.95 euros but I was charged 65.95 UK pounds could you please explain that?  Or have I missed some more small print?

(todays exchange 60 euros = 49.77 pounds).

Thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
Its £54:99 plus VAT at 20% 10:99 give you the total of £65:94 as per the orders page

Alan