AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?  (Read 41011 times)

lambertw

Re: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
I agree totaly with Marpleman,I sometimes wonder why I keep the box,most if not all of my time in now on pp and dongle sorry to say.
ANRB do's have a fantastic easy to use user interface I've got to give praise there. 

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
"ANRB do's have a fantastic easy to use user interface I've got to give praise there."

The reason I commited to the RB rather than the SBS, which were the available options 5 years ago!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

SteveJ

Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »
The polished look to the program was one of the reasons I went with a Radarbox. Little did I know that a new version hadn't been released in years and by the look of it, won't be released anytime soon.

With the price of an RTL dongle and Planeplotter being so low, you would think AirNav would protect it's high price point for the Radarbox and network access by continuing development and keeping it's customers happy.

My Radarbox sits idle now and I won't be renewing my network access subscription when it's up. I've already gone through one long outage with no compensation for the lost time.

jasper37

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »
I agree with all the comments here......... sadly too i will definately will be stopping my live subscriptions when its due to renew
we have all  been let down by Airnav and nobody there seems to be interested any more.they seem to be more interested in radarbox 24 etc
sad but thats exactly how see andi feel at this time

sardus2

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 05:04:38 PM »
same for me. that's exactly the meaning of my "first" thread.... contributors get less traffic. i think i will ditch my rb and my contribution to rb24 in the end if nothing gets better

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Ok, at the risk of this thread getting forgotten about, which let's face it, is exactly what AirNav would like to see, SteveJ and myself discussed, very briefly, how many developers were on the AirNav roster.................

Does anyone know, or care to divulge, exactly what the set up is with AirNav in respect of resource?

During my time as an "updater", it was never made apparent just exactly what the backroom team (?) consisted of resource wise.

If there is a team of people beavering away in the background, exactly what are they doing? Most likely they'll be busy posting free boxes out to anyone who lives in an area not covered by the hundreds(??) who , like me, live in an area adequately covered for their "network" purposes, and who, unwittingly had to pay for the privilege of owning the hardware,and obtaining access to the network.............

I find it insulting

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 02:36:26 AM »
Regarding all these points and again we fully understand all your concerns.

Regarding the network coverage: RB24.com and the RadarBox Windows client software Network are eactly the same. This means that the extensive network increase we had last month on RB24 also reflected on the network for the windows clients software. We've added 100 new H24 stations in the last 4 weeks.

Rgding the new version of the windows client software: it is still being developed at this time with, as reported earlier, most of the bug reports already corrected.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
Oh well, no suprises there then!

None of my questions answered. At least consistency prevails

Hope all those with free boxes are enjoying the novelty.

All I'll add, is I hope they never have the audacity to ask questions like the paying customers continue to do.That really would be too bitter a pill to swallow.

sardus2

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 09:04:27 AM »
not exactly true i have a screenshot and there are less Aircraft in rb network than radarbox24

chewycanes

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
Same old message from Airnav.
No matter what we as users say it does not seem to influence AN.
We seem to be just a slight annoyance which can be delayed by 'it is still being developed at this time'.
I gave up my subscription to Airnav and use Planeplotter. No problems.
I bought my AN box many years ago and one Xmas i said lets wait till Easter to give them a chance. I have
lost my memory as how many years ago that was.
I only check this website occasionally to see these updates.
For all you newbies start posting your dis-apoinment to try and put pressure on AN.
Sad old user.
Brian

ps This does not include the people who provide such wonderful updates to the database and those who do testing.

shouriken

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
Same old message from Airnav.
No matter what we as users say it does not seem to influence AN.
We seem to be just a slight annoyance which can be delayed by 'it is still being developed at this time'.
I gave up my subscription to Airnav and use Planeplotter. No problems.
Sad old user.
Brian

ps This does not include the people who provide such wonderful updates to the database and those who do testing.
+1
Liviu
A.net JetPhotos.Net
RadarBox
2xRTL USB + Franklin+Collinear antenna + PlanePlotter

jaskel

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »
well guys I have to say, I have always had support when I needed it, always had an answer on email when needed! I really have no reason to complain...been a good service!

I think it is time to act like adults and enjoy the hobby! Remember it is a hobby and we should all enjoy it!

chewycanes

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Jaskel
I am happy you have had no problems and believe you have had good service.
I assume none of the bugs affect you.
I don't know how long you have had an AN box but i have had mine for many years and am fed up with the simple bugs that we have put up with which could have been sorted along time ago.
I don't believe that ' it being a hobby' is any excuse for the failure to give updates to cure bugs that have been there since the box was issued. Especially due to the price of the box and subscription to the network.
By the way i find your comment  'act like adults' as slightly insulting.
I am 56 and believe i have  commented fairly based on the promises AN have made over the years about the status of a new software update.
Brian

jaskel

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
yes i have had some issues over the last 2.5 years I have owned it and the issues got sorted fairy quickly.

If you don't like it then go find a product that doesn't have bugs...I assure you that you will die looking cause it doesn't exist.

knight01

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »
Jaskel, the point Chewycanes and others are making is there have been no new updated software released since 2009. 
No product or software is bug free and it's how a company deals with these bugs by releasing a patch that shows a company is proactive in fixing the bugs. 

I have owned Radarbox since 2009 and I remember few months later after purchasing the box, Airnav released V3.13, I was impressed.  I have experienced many bugs in the software for many years since then. 

Now few years later, not a single patch or update has been released, only hot air (enough to fill a large balloon) and false promises.  V4.03 doesn't count, as its just v3.13 with 3D added.

You just have to look at the forum posts and the mounting evidence going back many years to see what has been going on.  To say "it is time to act like adults" is an insult to many users who have spent hundreds of £ on this box.

Have a look at Airnav's ADSB comparison table and pay attention to the last point: "Free and regular official software upgrades = yes" and 6th from top "Continuous Software Updates = yes"  If that isn't false advertising, I don't know what is.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/whybuyradarbox.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:15:01 PM by knight01 »