anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Update on current situation regarding updated software.  (Read 4210 times)

chewycanes

Update on current situation regarding updated software.
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
Hi Airnav
Sorry to ask yet again as to where we are on the updates and a new release for AN software.
I understand you have had server problems which have taken up priority for some people but these should not be related to AN software problems.

Is the next release of software in Beta testing  or what ?
I really hate asking this question but i have waited for along time and i am still frustrated about lack of info.

Please where are we ?

Brian

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Update on current situation regarding updated software.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
At this time we have V4.04 almost finished but we have to totally focus on the server problems we had 1 month ago. Once everything is totally stabilized with the server we will work on RB4.04 again.

AV61

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
Hi

As version 4.04 is getting close  to release what can we expect to see that arnt inthe current 4.03

Nick

ACW367

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
AV61
4.04 is expected to be just a patch to 4.03  There are many longstanding bugs in 4.03 from the 2008-10 era and with this patch we are expecting Airnav will have repaired them.  To make version 4 a stable bug free product for the first time in its history.   

Work on updating features (to make a version 5) was put on hold by Airnav at user request to provide this interim bug patch.  However, as users we remain surprised that it has taken five months to identify repairs for bugs that have been reported in some cases for over four years and implement the required patch. 

This post and the related full topics explain more
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84155#msg84155

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.0
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.0

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
I dont find it to be unstable and the suggestion that it is could be misleading.  Like all software whether it is Airnavs, Microsoft etc, is there any such thing as bug free software?  Just when you think you have it all sorted another one pops its head up!!

As stated by ACW this is not an update but bug fixes to longstanding issues.

Alan
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:55:59 PM by Runway 31 »

cool_1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
Interesting.  As in my experience its probably the most unreliable piece of software I have ever used.
I run Vista x64 with 8GB RAM, and Airnav has been reloaded multiple times onto its own C:/Airnav directory (instead of the default dir:). Ive upgraded to 4.03.  Ive paid extra for the upgrade to 3D. Ive logged a support ticket with Airnav, and they couldnt help with any of the 3D interface issues. Ive tried differnt graphics cards (GTX 260, and GTX 650ti), and I still get crashes, and lots of white stalks instead of 3D aircraft. I also cannot select aircraft on the 3D display. Only on the 2D Display.
I subscribe to the Live network, and always have done to support this hobby, but I find the lack of updates abysmal.  My 99 pence ipad Apps (plane tracking software) gets better support to be honest.
Ive ordered a new desktop system as a last resort to try again, but I'm losing the will to live with this software on my otherwise rock solid PC.   Even with 3D settings on the lowest settings it keeps crashing.