anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Non ADS-B Aircraft on map???  (Read 5731 times)

CYYZGUY

Non ADS-B Aircraft on map???
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
Maybe I am missing something here and I do apologize, but how are the non ADS-B aircraft being plotted correctly on the map?  I assume the planes with just a triangle are the non ADS-B aircraft.

Jason

2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: Non ADS-B Aircraft on map???
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
Maybe I am missing something here and I do apologize, but how are the non ADS-B aircraft being plotted correctly on the map?  I assume the planes with just a triangle are the non ADS-B aircraft.

Jason

Hi Jason,

The green aircraft are ASDI (FAA provided with a 5-minute delay) aircraft. The yellow aircraft are ADS-B aircraft tracked by the RadarBox Network. If you click on the "Options" tab in the left column, then click "Filter", there is a checkbox which will allow you to only show ADS-B aircraft if you want to filter only the ADS-B aircraft.

Any aircraft with the "triangle" icon is either an aircraft that we cannot determine the 'aircraft type' OR we do not yet have a detailed aircraft type icon.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:40:49 PM by AirNav 3D Development »

Captainminibar

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »
I am getting red aircraft for airplanes that the sidebar info says are ADS-B.  How come?

CM

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
I am getting red aircraft for airplanes that the sidebar info says are ADS-B.  How come?

CM

Hi CM,

The only red aircraft should be the currently selected aircraft (never more than one at a time selected). Would you post a screenshot of this (or email me directly at [email protected] with a screenshot) so I can debug this one? Thank you for the feedback.

Captainminibar

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
No need; my fault.  Red is when you click on the airplane for more details.

prbflight

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »
Why do some non ADS-B aircraft show up with registration numbers on PlaneFinder but not RadarBox24.com?  For example I just tracked ACA129 fly over my house.  On PlaneFinder it shows the registration C-FGYL which is correct as per my RadarBox and yet RadarBox24.com does not report the registration.  How are some non-ADS aircraft identified on PlaneFinder?  Will RadarBox24.com have this capability in the final release?

Paul@cyyb