anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Office 2010 crashing radarbox  (Read 8488 times)

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
Re: Office 2010 crashing radarbox
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
I also run Office 2010, Pulse Signature 14 which drives the embroidery machine as well.

Ah ha, where did you install ANRB? 

I installed mine to the root directory, not to Program Files neither to Program Files (86), but directly to the root directory. Also which drivers are you using, I'm using the 64 bit drivers that can be down loaded from within the forum.  It works like a charm.
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »
Should read Office 2010 and also an embroidery programme called Pulse Signature Ver 14.
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

mikek

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »
I only run on a 32bit system so don't have the 64 bit drivers installed.
Airnav is installed in C:Airnav, not program files. Perhaps I should try putting it in there instead...!

I have plenty of other programs installed and running and nothing else causes a problem. It is only Office 2010. My computer is around 4 years old and I've had radarbox for almost 3 years with no issues. It even had an old demo version of Office which caused no problems. That has been uninstalled by my attempt to upgrade to Office 2010... I guess it is something random with my setup and short of reinstalling everything I might just have to live without Office.
Maybe when 4.04 comes out I can try again...

Mike

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
Guys

Please don't say this problem doesn't exist.  Been running RB for about 4 years now 24/7.  I have had it crash on two machines both running Windows 7 64 bit. Previously on XP I had no problem.  I can get RB to crash consistently with Photoshop and Windows Setup.  Even crashed once when changing default printer. 

There is a significant number of users that have this problem and yes there are many that don't.  But that doesn't mean we are wrong and don't have the problem.

I have reported it the past and got all the usual replies about it being my windows/wrong RB install.  I have given up reporting it ( as I suspect many others have) and close RB down when I need to to do anything that I know is likely to cause this.

It would be good if a couple of people that suffer this are included in any beta testing of future software rather than we potentially report the same problems after release.

Hopefully we can end the debate and finally get it fixed

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Graham

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »
It would be good if a couple of people that suffer this are included in any beta testing of future software rather than we potentially report the same problems after release.

Hopefully we can end the debate and finally get it fixed.

Excellent suggestion Graham!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!