AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!  (Read 26147 times)

djnixy

Hello,
I am not happy at all with this radarbox24.com you pay the price for the box and then this gets released for free wow, are we gonna be getting free subscriptions for fr24 network or something along them lines because this is bang out of order.

E14

Re: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
After coming back to this hobby after a few years off I did at first find this puzzling. Then I realised the market for apps/live data free with the ability to add on certain parts to the masses makes total business sense.
Flightradar24 was built with the goodwill of people sharing data so I guess this will be then same. I cannot see apart from real enthusiast's and business who will pay for the real data now.
Will be interesting to see what else RB24 have in the box to add.
I guess one offsets the other but agree if you have just paid for a new box and live data you are going to feel pretty hard done by
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

djnixy

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Yes, I understand you aswell but on the site dose not have a delay but yet the people who have payed for airnav radar box have to pay a subscription...

Siddy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
"I am not happy at all with this radarbox24.com you pay the price for the box and then this gets released for free wow, are we gonna be getting free subscriptions for fr24 network or something along them lines because this is bang out of order"

I'm with you on this I paid for the box and for network access for 2 years then found you could get it on the Pc/phone etc. I question this and got nowhere and cancelled my network fee.
To say the system is fed by users data having to pay for it off hand.

Sorry for the rant.

But good luck on this project.

Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
I suppose it all depends on what you want. RB24 only displays ADS-B (live) and ASDI (5-minute delay), so you don't get local light/business aircraft or military.

You can also use the box without an internet connection, and I personally like the interface, and the fact that we can customise it with any combinations of colours, outlines, etc.

And don't forget that RadarBox keeps logs for you, allows you to upload screenshots to your own website, and allows you to choose your own logos and silhouettes.

Basically, ithey are two very different products and I don't see why you should criticise AirNav for offering a choice.

And I'm looking forward to the Android RB24.

Rod
Rod

djnixy

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
I understand like but the millitary does not plot abd just gives you info.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
All,

At present this is beta so there are plenty of decisions to be made regarding how we can improve the network for RadarBox customers and also users of RB24. There is discussions going on internally about this and we are interested in hearing constructive feedback.

The products are different as Rod has mentioned but customers of the RadarBox product from a few years must realise the marketplace has changed as well with the mobile apps and websites showing similar data. We couldn't just ignore this either.

Before anyone thinks we are ignoring RadarBox, that is not the case either, we have plenty to come for that as well.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

FIREBIRD

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
Can we have a date when!

Please

Brimon

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
I can understand why, when paying for subscriptions, some people are questioning the free access to Radarbox24. I also appreciate what Airnav are saying regarding the change in markets,other free web-based trackers are out there, although I think eventually RB24 will be a far better interface etc once work has completed.Certainly having used it over the last week or so I find it better than any othe web-based tracker.

Whilst I understand that Airnav have to keep up with the competition I feel that people who have a subscription, I don't at present but may when the update to Radarbox is eventually released, are right to be peeved.They are in effect, as are we all, providing the base stations & info for RB24 & being charged for the priviledge. I understand that this may be one of the discussions ongoing internally at Airnav. Maybe if they waived subscriptions for those willing to share their returns it would go some way to placating the folks who feel hard done to.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

Silver Doctor

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
I'm with djnixy on this. This is a new low for those of us who purchased Radarbox and paid our subscription year over year. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to see new apps coming along to get more people interested in the subject, but wow, never have I felt so TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF as a loyal customer! Why would I bother uploading data from my RadarBox anymore???  So I pay RadarBox to give  them data so that they can provide it to others so that they can have the FREE SERVICE that I'm paying for? You gotta be kidding me? This is a wind up! Am I on candid camera or something? Michael O'Leary in RyanAir can learn from this one!!!! I can't see myself renewing a subscription after this.
Is it a bird, is it a plane...nooooo its the silver doctor!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »
RadarBox24.com and AirNav RadarBox (the hardware system) are completely different solutions.

RadarBox24.com is our jump to the mobile platforms (browser, tablets, phones) while AirNav RadarBox hardware is for users who want a different experience: have their own ADS-B receiver, their own antenna, their own system.

Both solutions will co-exist and we are planning some even great news for the months for both. RadarBox Windows client software development hasn't stopped and we have some great ideas on our to-do lists. Who knows about the hardware... :-)

Regarding data sharing: RadarBox client software retrieves aircraft photos and database information from AirNav Systems server, forever (without any time limitation), for free. The data sharing process doesn't use significant bandwidth and has to be seen as a way to compensate for the lower and high quality solutions we've been developing. The same RadarBox system used by thousands of aviation enthusiasts is being used by major aerospace companies, airlines, airports. It has even been used on the Boeing 787 project. There is a cost for all this and the sharing of data by 95% of the RadarBox units sold helps us developing new features for all.

Anyway any user is totally free to disable data sharing - if you don't agree with it, don't share.

Also note that over 100 RadarBox were deployed all over the world, since March, with the sole intention of increasing our network coverage.

RadarBox24.com is still in its very early stages and we are still deciding internally on what to do with it commercially. Fortunately the technical comments we have received are great which make us extremelly happy. It is still in beta testing meaning problems still exist and are being corrected.

As usual we are totally open for your feedback - just send us a PM, email or reply on the forum.

terralta2002

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »
Anyway any user is totally free to disable data sharing - if you don't agree with it, don't share.

I think personaly that that statement is very childish,negative and not in line with MY view of the way forward with anrb user's.How would radarbox24 stand in the market if we all did just that???

2E0FLP

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Obviously a shrewd move Airnav, are you sure the 100 boxes were to add to the network or simply provide data to replace that of the people like me who, as soon as my RadarBox 3D is fired up I go to the Preferences and untick the "Share Flight Data" box !!

To expect loyal paying customers to provide data free of charge and then expect them to pay for aditional network coverage is in my opinion, unfair. It only adds insult to injury when this data is then used for a platform that is free for all ! I would have thought a nominal fee or charge for an app would be the way to go for what you suggest is a superior product compared to the competition.

Just my thoughts, so from now on the data I receive is going to stay mine !

As Airnav rightly say, if you don't agree, just remember to untick that box everytime you fire your receiver up. (by default it always ticked to share data everytime you start the software)

Still a fantastic product and gives me many hours of enjoyment. Looking forward to (any) future developements

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »
To me RB and RB24 are different but complementary products.  I can use RB24 for those occasions where I am unable to set up the box and antenna and have an internet connection available.

RB24 is on Beta and it being available to anyone at this time is a good way to advertise the product and to get more comments on how it is working to aid its development prior to full run out of the developed version.

To receive the RB network via the box users require to have a box and to subscribe.  Why then should none box users and non-subscribers get the data freely?

Once we get beyond the Beta stage, I feel that instead of being available to just anyone it should be available solely to subscribers and those who upload the data from their RB.

Alan

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »
Great discussion and helps us in our decision making regarding RB24.com and RB.

AirNav is the only company developing solutions for and on several platforms:
- Hardware
- Network
- Browser
- Mobile: iOS and Android
- Windows

And for many types of customers:
- Airlines
- Airports
- Aerospace companies
- data providers
- Websites
- Aviation enthusiasts

It's not easy to deal with all these at the time but we try to bring professional solutions to non-professional users and to get the great feedback from thousands of enthusiasts to the professional world.

One thing our users need to know: development and innovation will never stop at AirNav Systems and you will see what we mean in the next months.

Again thanks a lot for all your interest in our products and I'm sure we will come up to a solution which will make everyone happy. And as Runway31 wrote, RB24.com is not even released, just a beta version available to raise attention from everyone.

Please share the existence of RB24.com with your friends so we can make it bigger.