AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

RadarBox Worldwide Installation Photos

<< < (4/14) > >>

Runway 31:
Nice set up Rolf

Alan

Fanjet500:
Hi Forum,

My new pole with the new FLU-SR/Y13 antenna. Playing with antennas is one part of the hobby. The installation is receiving signals from up to 156 NM. From Waldshut-Tiengen in Germany to Trento in Italy. The next step would be to move the mountains.

Greetings Rolf

EK01:
Rolf,

Explosives team are on their way !

Ian

Rethymnian:
Hi Guys,

here are 2 pics of my final setup in Rethymnon, Greece (PGANRB300799). On the left is my Diamond F-23 antenna (2M TX/RX), then I have a Diamond D-777 antenna (Civil and Military Air-band Base RX) antenna and finally the AirNav MODE-S/ADSB antenna. Right now I am getting excellent results, except towards the south. After testing various setups I came to the conclusion, that the high mountains are to blame ;-)

EXTRPI004730:
Hi, first post here, thought it best to show my setup. Originally installed Piaware, then added RadarBox24 to duplicate coverage. Was having trouble with the receiver dongle, would lose sensitivity shortly after starting up, but adding heatsinks to the receiver chip and USB chip seems to have alleviated that issue.
Running about 100' LMR-400 feedline from the RPI dongle to the antenna which is up about 50' HAAT. The image shows the antenna beside the anemometer. This is a FlightAware 1090 antenna recently purchased through Amazon, and seems to work adequately. Note the parabolic antenna nearby; it does affect coverage to the WSW somewhat. It is required for our ISP for our internet service located about 10 mi away.
I also have a passband filter installed to help mitigate interference from the nearby ISP radio and local cell tower(s).

I've built an 8 element colinear antenna for 1090 since installing the storebought antenna, I might eventually switch antennas around to see how it works once we get a break in the weather. (blizzard here today).

Cheers from the center of Canada!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version