AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

RadarBox Worldwide Installation Photos

(1/14) > >>

AirNav Development:
With this new topic we intend to share photos of RadarBox installation photos all over the world.
With the constant growth of our network we are adding on a weekly basis new stations, sometimes in remote stations covering areas where aircraft were not tracked before.

Feel free to tell us more about your RadarBox installation in this topic and share some photos with our other users.

AirNav Development:
Below we share photos of RadarBox brand new reception station located in Faial Island, Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. We recorded flights almost 400 NM away from the station location and because of it we've significantly improved our coverage of the Central Atlantic (flights from Southern Europe to the US and from all Europe to the Caribbean).

Hope you enjoy it.

gw7ted:
Great work guys, keep it up.

CYYZGUY:
A few years ago, when I purchased my airnav radarbox, my quest was to get my antenna as high as possible for the best possible range!  I am only a few km's away from Canada's larges airport (CYYZ) Toronto Pearson International.  After years, I finally struck a deal with my landlord and he allowed me to put my ADS-B antenna on the Roof of my apartment.  It is now sitting pretty at 115Ft (35 Meters)  I have a clear range of 300 Nm, with spikes approaching 400 Nm.  I find it truly amazing, looking out the window at the approach to CYYZ and following the planes to touchdown on Airnav.  Now I get amazing ground returns as well.

Below are the pictures of my setup!

DSC_0759 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

DSC_0758 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

Busy Night by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

DSC_0751 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

DSC_0690 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

DSC_0682 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

DSC_0683 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

flygfantast:
Here is my installation photos from my location Motala, Sweden.

The high antenna is a WiMo GP-1090 with pre-amplifier AS-1090 with AS-1090BT and Ecoflex-10 (10m+1m) cables.
The lower antenna is a Diamond D-777 for ACARS and listening on ATC/Fighter Control frequencies.

I see around 240nm in the west/east direction and approx 150-200nm in the north/south direction.
I'm covering the southern part of Sweden, parts of Norway, Denmark and the Baltic Sea.

Niklas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version