anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Various comments  (Read 49082 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Various comments
« on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
Great work, AirNav. A few comments.

Aircraft routes seem to cover long periods - with busy short range aircraft this leads to very confusing lines tabngling with each other. Any chance that we can choose the period that the routes show, perhaps current route, current day, last n days?

I'm getting many aircraft showing route spikes - as in the attached screenshot - can you filter these out?

After registering, I'm still getting the RadarBox advert in the bottom right corner of the screen. Can you allow registered users to hide it - it does get in the way!

Pilot view isn't working for me yet.

Keep up the good work!

Rod
Rod

dantheman

• RadarSpotters.eu
Re: Various comments
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
Hats off, very nice professional website. Is the 3d view officially working, it displays a blank page with a 404  (Chrome, Win 7)?
Dan.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
Hi Rod and Dan,

Thanks for posting. I believe the Pilot View should work now. I forgot to upload a file when moving the site earlier. Can you re-test to see if the Pilot View now works in your browser.

Thanks again for the feedback.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Rod,

Aircraft routes seem to cover long periods - with busy short range aircraft this leads to very confusing lines tabngling with each other. Any chance that we can choose the period that the routes show, perhaps current route, current day, last n days?

I'm getting many aircraft showing route spikes - as in the attached screenshot - can you filter these out?

After registering, I'm still getting the RadarBox advert in the bottom right corner of the screen. Can you allow registered users to hide it - it does get in the way!

These are very good suggestions. The route spike looks like a bug--thanks for pointing it out along with the screenshot. Regarding the 'hiding the Radarbox icon' and the 'flight trail limit', I believe we can incorporate each of them. I will discuss the specifics with the rest of the team and we will then add them to list of items to complete.

Thanks again for the feedback.

RodBearden

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »
The Pilot View window is now appearing properly and Google Earth is zooming to the right place. However, the view doesn't seem to move, and the icon for the aircraft freezes on the map. When I close the pilot view window, the aircraft icon stays frozen, and if I zoom in or out, disappears altogether.

This may be due to the fact that the site is really clobbering my computer - with the 'real' RadarBox working as well, the processors are working really hard and everything is slowing down. I realise that you are going to be speeding up the site - looking forward to that!

Using Firefox 16.0.2

Rod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:14:45 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »
Another suggestion - could you make the line that links the data box to the aircraft icon more obvious? It is fine on dark backgrounds but very difficult to spot on light/white backgrounds. How about the white line surrounded by a thicker black border?

And another - how about having the weather report in a choice of formats - I sitll can't easily decode METAR - could we have Decoded METAR like in the 'real' RadarBox - this may have to be in a scrolling box.

And another: could we have an optional audio alert - perhaps a "bong" when we get a new event in the ticker? And can the ticker box be moveable?

Rod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:45:57 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
When I click an airport, I'm getting a box with a number eg 12001 for Heathrow - I assume we should be getting airport data in that box.

Rod
Rod

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »
Congratulations Airnav.
Excellent work.
Thank's very much for team hard work.
King regards.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

RodBearden

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
Spelling mistake in the Flight data panel on screen left: "Virtical Speed:" instead of Vertical Speed".

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
When I click a flight in the ticker, I'm taken to the airport where the event happened. Would it be better to take me to the aircraft icon, which may have moved well away from the airport by the time I click the ticker?

I admire the effort to have the links to the airport homepages in the route info, but I've found a dead link already (to DNAA) - how are you going to keep these updated?

Rod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:57:49 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
Ticker bug - I clicked on this: "UPS Airlines flight UPS237 just took off from Nottingham (UK) [EGNX]" and was taken to Cologne, where UPS275 was landing. I could find no trace of UPS237 anywhere, either on real Radarbox or on '24.

The Cologne aircraft was Unique ID 552922 Mode-S A3866A if it helps.

BTW - what is the unique ID - is it for internal use and do we users need to see it?

Rod
Rod

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
Spelling mistake in the Flight data panel on screen left: "Virtical Speed:" instead of Vertical Speed".

Rod

Thanks for the catch Rod. It is now fixed.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
When I click an airport, I'm getting a box with a number eg 12001 for Heathrow - I assume we should be getting airport data in that box.

Rod

The 'World Runways' is a KML we are working on for all runways throughout the world. Currently, when you click on a runway, it shows its length in a box. The plan is to finish this KML to show more detailed runway/airport information. As you can imagine, building a KML with all of the worlds runways and displaying it in a KML is a bit complicated (at least to get it to load and display quickly). We will continually improve on this layer (as well as add more layers).

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »

BTW - what is the unique ID - is it for internal use and do we users need to see it?

Rod

unique_id is being shown for us while we develop the application. It it helpful when debugging certain cases. You can ignore that for now, it will go away as we get closer to releasing it officially.

mikek

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 03:50:00 AM »
There appears to be an error displaying the flight path/history, possibly when aircraft cross the 180East/West line. A Lan Chile flight (LAN800) displaying around New Zealand seems to have gone from South America to NZ and Australia direct and also via the South Pole several times!

Could just be something to do with the aircraft/flight, but it seems to be normal on the radarbox when it's around this way.