anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Various comments  (Read 49138 times)

Runway 31

Re: Various comments
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
Using the RB d/b to ID type/owner etc of ASDI aircraft was suggested a number of months ago

Alan

ACW367

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
Just had a duel aircraft in the ASDI data.  Two airframes apparently flying in formation, with one having a partial registration of the other one.  Looks like a decoding error of the ASDI data was occuring

Flight No:   N35246
Altitude:   2400 ft (732 m)
Speed:   115 kt (213 km/h, 132 mph)
Course:   276 °
Data Source:   Kansas City ARTCC (KSMA)

Flight No:   N246   [NOTE N246 is not assigned by the FAA]
Altitude:   2400 ft (732 m)
Speed:   116 kt (215 km/h, 133 mph)
Course:   276 °
Data Source:   Atlanta ARTCC (KSMA)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:24:56 PM by ACW367 »

Aerotower

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »

Hi guys,

I did what you suggested but I still have peaks of 50% of CPU usage.

As you can see, the RadarBox also has peaks of 50% or more without even having the radar on, just working with the software and get METAR's information and send FTP's.

Regards

Aerotower,

It appears from your screenshot that the change of settings did help reduce the CPU load for RadarBox24 (the web application). RB24 runs completely inside of the browser process (in your case it is firefox.exe). It went from about 27% down to 6% after you changed the settings (normally the usage varies depending on whether new data is arriving or if the map is being moved etc). The process you see in your Task Manager called ANRB.exe is the Windows client software version of RadarBox and it currently doesn't interact directly with the firefox process so they are completely independent in terms of CPU usage. This means if you change the settings in RB24 web application, it wont reduce the CPU usage of ANRB.exe.

I will forward your post to the Windows software team (who specialize in the ANRB process) and see if they can give you any ideas how to bring down that 50% CPU usage. Can you post (or email me [email protected]) your system specs so it gives us an idea of the hardware you are using?

Hi,

This is my system Toshiba Satellite A300-1S9...

Regards,

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Pilot View is now working for me - a little jerky, but OK, except that while "in" a plane landing at Liverpool, the "aliimeter" said we were at 300ft, when the pilot view bumped into the (flat) ground, and then bounced along the fields to the runway - ouch!

I think some tweaking regarding heights might be required.

Rod
Rod

Aerotower

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »
The logos are very bad, fogged.

Why not use the logos of Rod? If he does not care, of course.

Why Lisbon is the ocean? And other sites are displaced?

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:14:36 PM by Aerotower »

ACW367

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:45 AM »

Why Lisbon is the ocean? And other sites are displaced?

Regards,

This dot shows the centre point KML file for Portuguese airspace.  It is in the ocean because Portuguese airspace extends to Funchal.  Zoom out to see the the entire of southern Europe and the placing of the dots will look clearly in the centre of each airspace block.

RodBearden

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
Aircraft are still being attracted to lat/long zero zero.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
Thanks for getting the airport arrivals/departures going - very useful.

A bit of tidying up of route lines appears to be needed - the screenshot's active flight route on the right shows wrong joining up of the dots. While the route line on the left shows a route that I displayed half an hour ago, and despite me touring all around the world since then, it won't go away.

PS - can you see the lines joining the aircraft to their data boxes? Neither can I!

Rod
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:51:10 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

ACW367

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »
Aircraft are still being attracted to lat/long zero zero.

Rod

Happened to me whilst in pilot view.  The pilot view window from final approach at heathrow, took a supersonic launch down through europe and across Africa and plummeted me to that point on the mid atlantic.  Then dragged me supersonic back north to be back on the Heathrow approach again in about six seconds flat. 

Great thrill ride, can you put a g-meter on the pilot view ;-)

LoneCrowe

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
Yeah this is fantastic - is this site related to flightradar24?  That site is always behind 5-10 mins on each flight so its hard to know when planes are coming in.  I had to listen to ATC tonight to find out when someone was coming in the ILS approach to take my kid out to watch. 

Is this a little more realtime? 

Also I see a bunch of people today squawked 7700 today but if you click on the flight it doesnt tell you where. 

Maybe if we could click on the flight we could see where the incident happened etc?

Also the area events seem to not work it seems to be more global than where we are actually zoomed in. 

RodBearden

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »
Hi LoneCrowe

No relation to FlightRadar24 as far as I know.

To get the Events ticker to be more relevant to you, click on Options, then enter the codes for airports you are interested in. I'm not sure, but maybe you have to register before you can do that.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

LoneCrowe

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
No one of the problems is that it doesnt detect the "area" you are viewing.  The events on the right hand side show events from around the world instead of actual "Area Events" as it is titled.  For example I'm just viewing the Detroit Area and its showing me events form Japan. 

LoneCrowe

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »
Another "bug" would be if you use the view as "radar"  and you select navaids you can't see them because the navaid icon is dark like the color of the ground. 

Runway 31

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
LoneCrow

Under the Options tab you can choose the airport(s) you wish to view under the Area Events.  If you dont choose an airport it gives general events worldwide. You can even switch it off by unticking the box

LoneCrowe

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
I did choose the airport,  and it still gives me global events.  I even signed in etc.