AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: silly sma plug  (Read 5231 times)

Airmad

silly sma plug
« on: April 12, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
 hi there. just for info, If you cannot get a signal at Radar box, please check if the centre pin in sma plug is showing. the one in rb antenna had moved back and was not connecting
i just pushed on the lead to make it come back and it works ok (hope this help someone.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:02:39 AM by AirNav Support »

markb

Re: silly sma plug
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:53:24 AM »
I had the same issue, FWIW and actually, after I pushed the cable into the connector, the Rx was better than when I first received the unit!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:10:30 AM by markb »

steveb25

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
Same problem here. Started box up, nothing.

Checked the SMA connector, pulled right back, so with a quick push it was back in place.

Now to find a more permeanent solution, as I thought I was being extremely careful with the AE as have had problems with these connectors before

markb

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:10:22 AM »
Update on my situation. I went to pull out the USB connector the other day and accidentally pulled on the antenna lead and ripped the wire right out of the SMA connector!   It didn't take a whole lot of force to do this, either.
I was able to sort of put it back together, but it looks like I'll be buying a new connetor, hopefully one that's a little more solid!!!!