anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Reports  (Read 6358 times)

Harry

Multiple Reports
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:14:38 AM »
I don't know if it is reported before, but in 1.5 I still get multiple reports. Yesterday 4 now 5 reports where automatically generated and send via email.

Harry

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Multiple Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »
Just a thought as I have not tried any logs from RB.

It my be something with your email set up. I am using Outlook 2003 but have it also looking at Virgin Media webmail with an ntlworld.com email address. I have days when every email is duplicated 3 or 4 times from any source and on others I only get one. I always get th duplicates following large logs being sent from various sites and I have to go into webmail and delete the logs as if I dont they tend to try sending over and over again.......

Harry

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:58:09 AM »
Thanks, but still I think it is RB related.
This morning the reports where send 6 times (yesterday 5 and the day before 4).
If RB keeps running for the next 48 hours I quess I will see 7 and then again 1 report.

Harry

Just a thought as I have not tried any logs from RB.

It my be something with your email set up. I am using Outlook 2003 but have it also looking at Virgin Media webmail with an ntlworld.com email address. I have days when every email is duplicated 3 or 4 times from any source and on others I only get one. I always get th duplicates following large logs being sent from various sites and I have to go into webmail and delete the logs as if I dont they tend to try sending over and over again.......

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »
Email alert is working well for me.  Here are the alerts I received this morning - all different aircraft and only one alert for each:

Click the link below for full size:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2373109207_b53eff9541_o.jpg

Harry

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »
Hello Allocator,

I'm not sure I made myself clear about this topic. This is not about my network email alert not working, but about the reports RB generated at the end off the day.

BTW I just had a white screen and had to restart my PC.  Tomorrow I will check how much reports are generated this time.

Harry

Email alert is working well for me.  Here are the alerts I received this morning - all different aircraft and only one alert for each:

Click the link below for full size:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2373109207_b53eff9541_o.jpg

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
OK Harry, got you now.

I don't think that I've tried the auto report sent at midnight.  I've used the "Send Now" option and that works OK, does this work for you or do you still get multiple email reports?

Allocator

Harry

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 01:29:53 PM »
just rebooted my pc. Send now generates 1 report.

Tomorrow I will try this again.

Harry

OK Harry, got you now.

I don't think that I've tried the auto report sent at midnight.  I've used the "Send Now" option and that works OK, does this work for you or do you still get multiple email reports?

Allocator

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
Is your PC and email running when you run it at midnight. Could it be that if it cant complete the transaction it tries again and again. A bit like the scenario I was explaining in a earlier message ?

Mike

Harry

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
My pc is on for 24/7.

could be, but I think it is strange that the reports will build up plus 1 every day.

Harry

Is your PC and email running when you run it at midnight. Could it be that if it cant complete the transaction it tries again and again. A bit like the scenario I was explaining in a earlier message ?

Mike