AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air Band Receiver.Offered as an add on to ANRBox failed.  (Read 5936 times)

flymee1939

• Short Empire Class C
Air Band Receiver.Offered as an add on to ANRBox failed.
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
Hi chaps

Can anyone help me to get my AB receiver to work. Sent to me from a Glenrothes dealer in exchange for a previous AB receiver that works poorly.

These little 'gems' where offered at £25 and had an aerial/antenna that doubled as a hearing aid!
The little unit was said to be able to automatically pick up the nearest signals.

Well it wouldnt work at home base, but thats not surprising, I live in West of Scotland near hills.

However, I took it to within 100yds of EGPF Glasgow, it would not pick anything up, even though I juggled with squelch as usual.

Please, anyone had similar trouble with this device and if so can you advise if I can easily fix?

On the positive front, I have an ANRB and I am delighted with its use. lost forum link though, any ideas on this too please.

Dont dealers in uk work on Mondays Ive tried to ring two of them and there is no reply. Not a very good advert is it?

Flymee 1939

Bring back all is forgiven!

flymee1939

• Short Empire Class C
Re: Air Band Receiver.Offered as an add on to ANRBox failed.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »
Yes, I need forgiving, Glenrothes, sorry. The unit I mention above has to use a 9v 6LR61 Alkaline battery, and this solved the problem!

Bought two from Tesco other day for £3 and am much pleased. Rechargables dont give required voltage.

Once again sorry for all the fuss.

Flymee1939
Bring back all is forgiven!