AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132556 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Development Update
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »
Sorry Chris, that's a really strong complaint - as I've said "off-board" you're just far too quick leaping to AN's defence and really does make it look as if you're in their pocket/employment.    I know you've said that isn't the case, but I suspect that's how it appears  to a lot of users in here.

Well, if "a lot of users in here" don't believe me when I say that I don't work for AirNav, that's their problem, not mine.  So, once again, I don't work for AirNav, I'm just a retired computer professional who likes doing a bit of beta testing.

I paid good money for my Radarbox, and I took the pragmatic decision to do unpaid beta testing, in the hope that we will all get a better product as a result.  I beta test other products, and in so doing gain some influence over the product direction.  And for all this I get criticised.

Given the attitude towards me by some, I really don't know why I bother.  It would have been a lot easier for me to give the green light on the beta, say everything is working fine, and get v4.04 released.  Tell you want, Andre, everything's fine with the beta, just release it now and let everyone live with the problems.  What's left of my life is too short to have to put up with all this criticism.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:13:59 PM by tarbat »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
Sorry Chris, that's a really strong complaint - as I've said "off-board" you're just far too quick leaping to AN's defence and really does make it look as if you're in their pocket/employment.    I know you've said that isn't the case, but I suspect that's how it appears  to a lot of users in here.

Well, if "a lot of users in here" don't believe me when I say that I don't work for AirNav, that's their problem, not mine.  So, once again, I don't work for AirNav, I'm just a retired computer professional who likes doing a bit of beta testing.

I paid good money for my Radarbox, and I took the pragmatic decision to do unpaid beta testing, in the hope that we will all get a better product as a result.  I beta test other products, and in so doing gain some influence over the product direction.  And for all this I get criticised.

Given the attitude towards me by some, I really don't know why I bother.  It would have been a lot easier for me to give the green light on the beta, say everything is working fine, and get v4.04 released.

Please don't misquote or misinterpret what I said above and I emphasise "I know you've said that isn't the case, but I suspect that's how it appears  to a lot of users in here."

And for all this I get criticised.   My ONLY criticism of you is your speed to defend and make excuses for AN.

Given the attitude towards me by some, I really don't know why I bother.  It is important to look at this comment which you omitted " I, for one, am extremely grateful to you, Alan, Rod, Orkney and the other hard working updaters who keep this product alive and breathing, albeit rather wheezily!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

vena

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2012, 05:34:42 AM »
Hallo Tarbat,
I think impatience and nervousness is the problem of most special interest debates. Hang in in your beta tester work please. I believe that the update RB soon delight us all.
Sincerely Vaclav (Vena)
User since 2/2010 ARNB 4.03, Nejdek CZ, 18km NW LKKV, WIN7 32Bit Professional
Antenna:external Rama , 15m Ecoflex cable,

Runway 31

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »
Chris,

Unfortunately there are some people on here for whatever reason who only want to moan, bitch and complain and dont contribute to the forum in any other way.  Its the one thing you can count on that out of the thousands of forum member the same four or five stick out like a sore thumb bitching and taking words out of context as in this thread, seemingly having to seek arguments and sow discontent for their own enjoyment.

Criticism where justified is one thing but to attack people to try and justify their own twisted conspiracy theories is unwarranted.  Impatience, nervousness or whatever emotion you can think of are no reason for personal attacks and one wonders if these keyboard warriors are the same in real life,

Please ignore these unwarranted attacks and continue with this vital work which will benefit us all even those who wish to detract from it.

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
Chris

I for one want to thank all the testers and the database updaters. This takes time and enables me to enjoy my hobby in a way that I did not before I purchased my box.
Technology moves on at a rapid pace and testing before release is essential, so let us be glad that we have friends such as Tarbat, Alan etc  who are willing to put in so much effort.

Jim

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »
Tarbat:

You're a very valuable asset to this board, the product, the hobby ... and more!  I've learned much from your posts over the years.  Please ... DON'T STOP CONTRIBUTING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE!

Thank you!!!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

prbflight

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2012, 02:14:33 AM »
Tarbat you have given so much to this forum and RadarBox.  I appreciate every thing you have done.  It would not be what it is today without your time and knowledge.  Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged by a few.  I also want to thank Rod and the updater's who have done a tremendous job to advance this hobby.  Kudos to all.  Let's keep moving forward.  Cheers.

Paul@cyyb

Northern Watch

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »

Posted by: prbflight
« on: Today at 03:14:33 am »Insert Quote

Tarbat you have given so much to this forum and RadarBox.  I appreciate every thing you have done.  It would not be what it is today without your time and knowledge.  Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged by a few.  I also want to thank Rod and the updater's who have done a tremendous job to advance this hobby.  Kudos to all.  Let's keep moving forward.  Cheers.

Paul@cyyb

My thoughts as well. I am sure that there are a lot of users out there that have had a lot of support from people like Tarbat and the Update Team and they would be greatly missed if they were to stop.

Please keep up the great work.

NW

Netcop

« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
...My ONLY criticism of you is your speed to defend and make excuses for AN.

CoastGuardJon, do you want to know my opinion why Chris and many others guys here, including myself, will continue to defend and make excuses for AN?

Just because during the past few years we bеcame some kind of a family. AirNav family.

We аre not employees, not fanatics, but family members. And we work not for money and not even for some influence over the product direction. We work just because we like our hobby.

Andre and his team gave us a product, which is for sure not perfect, but really changed our hobby lives. And radically changed ADS-B hobby landscape around the world for the benefits of thousands of people.

We believe in AirNav, not still believe, but believe...

And we will defend our family. Why are you surprised about that? It’s a natural reaction.

And, what much more important is that we put our best efforts to make our family grow. This is also our natural choice.

Nick

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:27:57 PM by Netcop »
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi Chris, Alan, Nick and others,

Please take the time to read what  I actually said above, in particular my last line of Post 104, and I quote again:

"I, for one, am extremely grateful to you, Alan, Rod, Orkney and the other hard working updaters who keep this product alive and breathing, albeit rather wheezily!"

Also on another recent post, I was again defending AN against criticism.   I've been here from the early days when it was Anmer, Dave Reid and others who saw the wisdom of getting out - how wise they were.   When I'm able to help or give advice or suggestions to others, I do so, but I'm crap at IT and techy things, but have some limited knowledge of electrics and electronics. 

To those who've contacted me off board in support, many thanks, at least I know I am not alone.

AN, if you're reading this thread, please lock it - it's not getting any of us anywhere.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
Please take the time to read what  I actually said above, in particular my last line of Post 104, and I quote again:

Yes, i read all your post.  it just seemed to repeat the accusation made in the past, that I'm lying about not being employed by AirNav.  There seems to be a clear implication in your statement "I know you've said that isn't the case, but I suspect that's how it appears  to a lot of users in here."

Please stop repeating these same old accusations.

And a brief postscript.  I'm back running v4.03, as the v4.04 beta stopped working this week :(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:59:51 PM by tarbat »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I do believe you, we've been talking for the best part of four years!

I hope you and your family have a great Christmas, and a very Happy and HEALTHY (most important!) New Year, and the same to all at AN and contributors ti this Forum.
Jon

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I do believe you, we've been talking for the best part of four years!

And yet you immediately repeat your accusations on another forum, and totally out of context.  Why?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:34:03 PM by tarbat »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
Chris,
As I wrote there and quote below:

"I think again I'm in danger of being threatened or actually banned from the AN forum, so have copied this lot Page 8 of a thread, so that what I actually wrote is on record where it isn't likely to be tampered or interfered with."

In here, too many things disappear, get edited/altered/censored distorting the context and manner in which they were said.

I've said my piece, I certainly didn't expect or intend to start WW3.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »
Lets bring this back please to the topic of Development Update. Tarbat and CoastGuardJon, if you want to continue your discussion please do so over PMs.

However lets just put a finish to all of this by saying the following:

- Tarbat is not employed by us nor has been. He is a beta tester and we are grateful for his help and effort over the years since the early days of RadarBox, Him and many others such as Rod and Database Updaters are vital to RadarBox and we are extremely glad to have them.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]