AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132045 times)

knight01

Re: Development Update
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
It's not the users who are changing the subject of the thread, it's Airnav. Users are asking valid questions related to what is contained in this thread.   Have a look at these quotes.

Other Projects

There are other projects which are planned which are not Version 4. However they are related the RadarBox System/Network. The 1st one of these is planned to launch in September. Further details about these will be announced soon.

Development is still going on and you will the results in just a few weeks.
Unfortunately innovative projects don't take 2 or 3 months to complete but sometimes much more than that.
All RadarBox users will be very happy to know what's coming on. :-)

We are not talking about a renewed RadarBox Windows Client software but we didn't forget it too.

Basic Details as of Sept 2012:

RadarBox 4.04 - Development currently underway and this is Priority. There is no expected timeline yet but we understand that is priority and work is being done as fast as possible to rectify the majors bugs and updates that are needed.

RadarBox 5..   - Development is continuing on this but being held but the majority of developers working on 4.04.

Other RadarBox Related Projects:

1st of which will be released this month. Details should be announced soon.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »
Brimon,

We have not tried to muddle the waters here and confirmed each time when asked that Version 4.0.4, 5 and the new Radar Box Project are all different items. There have even been side threads were we have confirmed that above a few time so to state we have been confusing people deliberately is simply not true.

The reason that thread was locked was because it had got so long and people would have got confused going through it if they only read parts. This thread was made to clarify the position.

The latest update at the moment is that 4.04 and Version 5 are in development stages at the moment and the RadarBox project is in final beta testing.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:35:30 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Brimon

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »
Airnav,

I did not accuse you of trying to muddy the waters. Maybe you should have stepped in way before confusion abounded on the original thread & corrected some of us forum users, howerver the mis-conception was allowed to carry on,whether inadvertantly or otherwise, which resulted in people thinking that the Radarbox software update was imminent when it was not. It was only after the start of the new thread that we were advised that the new project was not a Radarbox software update.
I was not the only one who thought this.

It still does not detract from the fact that, despite many users highlighting the bugs & asking for updates,that again the Radarbox has taken a back seat to Shiptrax & the "new project". Your comment on the new project was "something that will excite all Radarbox users" , if this is the Radarbox24 project why hookline it "something that will excite all Radarbox users"? If it is what I am led to believe it doesn't excite me as I won't be subscribing to a new service with Airnav,I have not renewed my subscription to the real time network, unless & until Radarbox software is upgraded & the bugs ironed out.
I don't like to have to type this type of email as I have found the service from Airnav,problem solving etc, to be first class , but as you probably appreciate you are starting to lose that goodwill through this delay in sorting out bugs etc.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:19 PM »
As mentioned we did at various time in that thread and others threads well before the thread was locked explain it was not to do with the Version 4.04 or version 5.

We have also said more than once that the development team for the RadarBox project does NOT affect any development with Version 4.04 or 5. This has been explained in depth that they do no correlate to each other, they are different development streams.

We are doing our best to release each of the development tasks we have as soon as possible. We have explained in detail a change in tactic in the 1st post of this thread.
[email protected]

b777200er

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
More double talk and bulls..t from  air nav, you told us 6 weeks ago that the bug and fixes for 4.04 where 90% complete and was in finial  beta testing at the time. Now as always the story changes and we get the BS story about what happening. I don't know how you stay in business and i'm tired of waiting on your fixes. My radar box is being shut off from this point forward. And yes you can go ahead and BAN me  from the forum has you stated in your e mail. I don't give a s..t about you or your company.

Donnie
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:25:41 PM by AirNav Support »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
b777200er,

You have been warned before for your posts which designed just to cause trouble on the forum and nothing else. Its funny how we explained clearly in a post that you replied to that the project was 90% and finished not 4.04
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg82951#msg82951

We have also explained this clearly in this thread but you just want create trouble on the forum. There are few users who name keeps popping up in threads which are clearly trying cause confusion and trouble (some of which as this case have already been banned in the past)

We are trying to make this thread as clear as possible to give updates on the development. If you want to post please read the updates in the thread first and if you just want to post to create trouble please think again.
[email protected]

lambertw

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »
Not good.We are all avid ANRB users and we are all here to help each other,a good honest lively forum is good for us all,it is what this hobby is all about,all that some members are doing venting there frustration in this forum ,we are all behind Airnav and want it to be a success,we are not here to destroy something that we all enjoy.

knight01

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
The first post of this thread is quite clear in explaining the subject of this thread, i.e. bug fixes and Radarbox development of v4.04. and v5 etc.  Nobody bought up the "exciting project" and users were discussing bug fixes until Airnav Development, without being asked, replied in post #5 about " innovative projects". 

Development is still going on and you will the results in just a few weeks.
Unfortunately innovative projects don't take 2 or 3 months to complete but sometimes much more than that.
All RadarBox users will be very happy to know what's coming on. :-)

We are not talking about a renewed RadarBox Windows Client software but we didn't forget it too.

From reply #1 to #4 nobody asked about or wanted to know about your new project, then why post about it and make users think its OK to discuss new project.
This thread started getting confusing and was derailed again after that post.  This post wasn't by a user either.
Support you need to start talking to Development about posting a subject that is not relevant to this thread, stop blaming and threatening your customers for something that is not their fault.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:29:10 AM by knight01 »

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
This topic was very confusing indeed!

It may help inform what actually would be released in late September and ended late. Version 4.04? 5.0? or other development?

Regards

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
Renato,

This thread is solely about Radarbox development.  The September date is for another project not version 4.04 or 5 for which no timescale has been given.

Alan

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
Alan,

many thanks for the information. Now it was clear to me!

hugs

oliver14

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
In a nutshell then .... so after all these discussions, with people venting their frustrations, am I right in thinking that we are right back where we started, with no update / fix to the software, and no idea when there will be one ? !!!!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:19:15 AM by oliver14 »

Henning

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
Yep, excactly.
So the same as always in the past few years...
Information: Very new things will be coming very soon... Everyone will be sooooo happy with these new things... We have the best product ever...
Reality: nothing happens, competitors enhance their products

I am really frustrated and after all this time, new things will not make me happy, they might just lift my frustration to a slightly better level.

And don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the work of all the volunteers in this forum. That's really awesome and the only thing that keeps the RadarBox software running usefully. What I am complaining about is only AirNav's behaviour.

bratters

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 02:11:12 PM »

And don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the work of all the volunteers in this forum. That's really awesome and the only thing that keeps the RadarBox software running usefully. .

Without them, RadarBox would be a dead duck.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »

And don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the work of all the volunteers in this forum. That's really awesome and the only thing that keeps the RadarBox software running usefully. .

Without them, RadarBox would be a dead duck.

How very true; but does AN listen and learn..................................NOOooooo!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!