anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132041 times)

Sketco

Re: Development Update
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »
Thanks Jon. Not really what i wanted to hear of course, but I appreciate the candor. Helps me make some decisions though, so many thanks.

Runway 31

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:05 AM »
I dont believe there is any box on the market at this time that can MLAT without PP so to get an MLAT capability you will require a receiver and PP.  It is my belief that for Radarbox to get an MLAT capability an entirely new receiver is required as you will not be able to get the function with a software upgrade alone.

It should also be stated that MLAT is entirely dependant on having sufficent similarly equipped users in your area to enable triangulation to assist in determining the approximate position of a non ADSB equipped but MODE-S equipped aircraft.

I am quite happy for any inaccuracies in the above to be corrected.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:22:48 AM by Runway 31 »

satcom

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
There is no reason at all why your RB and PP Mlat should drag your PC down.

BTW for everyone else considering Mlat , PP is running a special offer until the end of this month...just 20 euro registration fee , plus tax , instead of 25 euro :O)

Mlat is then just 12 euro a year , plus tax for non raw data sharers!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
And remember that if you have RB 3D, you can even display the MLAT'ed aircraft from PP in the RB 3D window, which is a significant advantage.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578.0

Sketco

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
Thanks so much for your input here. Many thoughts to consider.
I suspect it will come down to the data sharing ability (for Mlat) though, as my area is poorly covered as it is, so it would add to the network and better yet it'd be free.
I have no idea why running PP and anrb together is such a drag on the system. It occurs to me now that it has been pointed out that this shouldn't be a problem, that it may be down to the outboard graphics card that i have to run to allow two monitors for anrb and pp to be displayed  at the same time.
Of course I could just buy and run another box as well, but I doubt the goddess domestic would allow that.

Thanks again for your valued input

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »
We continue the development work on V4.04 of the RadarBox Windows Client software. We will keep sharing information on this forum when we have more questions / need more feedback from users.

Kenny

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
Hi,

It is almost end of the month and year.  Will there be any Christmas/New Year give for ANRB users?   Says.. public beta?

Cheers,
ANRB 3km north of VTBD

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
We are a little delayed with the latest improvements to the RadarBox Windows client software. We could say 70% of the work is finished now. We had to put the work on stby due to other priorities during the last 3 weeks but the good news is that we are resuming work today. Again tks for your patience.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
We had to put the work on stby due to other priorities during the last 3 weeks

RadarBox to the back burner yet again!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Priorties come in different forms, work committments is one of them, dont jump to conclusions.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
Hi Alan,
Priorities come in different forms, work committments is one of them, dont jump to conclusions.
s

Hi Alan,
Should we take from that, that this development work isn't being carried out by AN, but by its supporters, or is RB development, once again, playing second fiddle to something perceived by AN to be more important - neither inspires confidence in AN unfortunately.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »
No John, Dev works as a pilot, flying for a living and when he is flying he isnt Deving, something I thought most people were aware of.  As I said work commitments.

Alan
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:55:57 PM by Runway 31 »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
Many thanks for that info Alan - it certainly clarifies the situation.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »
Nice to know that the Guy can see things from both sides, good luck to him.
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
We are a little delayed with the latest improvements to the RadarBox Windows client software. We could say 70% of the work is finished now. We had to put the work on stby due to other priorities during the last 3 weeks but the good news is that we are resuming work today. Again tks for your patience.

I thought it had gone quiet - you've still got my beta testing feedback to work on I hope?