AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starting AirNav RadarBox 6.02.003 without internet  (Read 2045 times)

jimbenchas

Starting AirNav RadarBox 6.02.003 without internet
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:25:57 PM »
Hi
I've been using a Flightaware stick with the software successfully for a while last year but on trying it today it will not 'connect' without being online (which defeats the object for me). Once connected I can go offline and things run normally. Would this be a driver problem or something else? Thanks, Jim

Runway 31

Re: Starting AirNav RadarBox 6.02.003 without internet
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 09:01:19 PM »
As far as I am aware 6.00.03 requires you to connect to the internet

6.00.02 doesnt need to be connected after first use so I suggest that it would be better for you

Alan

jimbenchas

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:55:41 AM »
Many thanks Alan. I'll revert to the previous version as suggested.
Regards
Jim

Enterprise

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »
Can you please provide a link for downloading that .02 version? Thanks!

Runway 31

Enterprise

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 03:36:42 PM »
Thanks Alan! I installed that version (though in the Help menu it shows as version 6.01.01) after uninstalling the latest version and rebooting.

I logged in while connected to the net, let the system find aircraft over an hour, then closed it. I killed my Net connection, restarted and (drumroll please) -

It says it cannot find the server. Is there another way to log in to just the app?

TIA!

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 06:37:53 PM »
Yes 6.00.002 show as 001 as you state.  Version 003 was altered to enable the xrange receivers to use the software and more glitches were introduced as a result

What credentials are you using to log in, I presume from what you describe that you are using the same ones as for logging into radarbox.  The bad news is that if so you cannot connect without the internet being connected.  My error as I use the log in details for my original radarbox and you wouldn't have the ability to connect without internet

Alan

Enterprise

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 08:51:15 PM »
That's very disappointing Alan.

The whole point of this exercise purchasing the equipment and getting it all set up was so that I can work in austere locations and get most (understandably not all) the info from the Flightstick and antenna without the need for Internet. If I have to have the net I could use what I use on my home laptop (globe.adsbexchange.com) which gives me much of the same information.

Thanks for all of your help sir!

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 05:50:45 PM »
You will also need the high level traffic to get coverage and ttere is not much FL330 and above traffic over Auckland.  However as the high level traffic mentioned is going south east of Auckland it is feasable that the traffic may on occasions go further west and show there

Alan

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 04:23:23 AM »
You can install VRS (Virtual Radar Server) on Windows. It does not require login or Internet connection. Click here to go to VRS download page

The AirNav RadarBox software has built-in decoder. However the VRS (Virtual Radar Server) does NOT have a built-in decoder. Therefore in addition to VRS, you will need to install any one of the following Decoders

(1) ADSB Sharp - Click Here to Download

(2) ModeSDeco2 - Click here to Download
NOTE: Extract the .zip and inside extracted folder, double click file RUN.bat. On first run Windows will give warnings 'from unkown source', allow running the file.

(3) RTL1090 by Jetvision

(4) dump1090-win by Malcolm Robb at Github.

In addition to screenshot below, please see attached four (4) more screenshots as attachments below the first screen shot.