AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Preference Box will not close or save changes  (Read 4870 times)

aalcaraz78

Preference Box will not close or save changes
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:22:33 AM »
So frustrated,

My Radarbox 3D Preference box (both under 3D or 2D) will not close after I open it to make some changes. It will not save any changes to the software as well it was working fine and I am getting so frustrated...I colse and go back in and it works for the first few times then it stops working...I read I have to close the program down and reopen it in demop mode to make a change the repeat the process in regular mode for it to work and I dont know about you guys but that sounds like a lot to do for simple changes no? Has anyone found a fix to this? I would really appreciate it! I am running:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

*Sorry the attached photo has nothing to do with this subject....please ignore it!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:24:44 AM by aalcaraz78 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Preference Box will not close or save changes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »
You need to be running RadarBox in admin mode (right click on the RadarBox icon and select run with admin rights)

This is an issue which relates to any software on Windows 7 which doesn't run as admin mode.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

aalcaraz78

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »
Okay tried running in admin mode...worked fine for the first few times I opened the preference box then went back to not working.....so so frustrated! reinstalling wont help either tried it several times.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:13:06 PM by aalcaraz78 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
Keep an eye on your CPU usage, it maybe that you have set your 3D settings too high for your machine and its making RB unresponsive. Try turning down the settings and see whether if everything is fine then.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

aalcaraz78

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
I normally run internet with ANRB and nothing else. It was working flawlessly for about 2 weeks since I got it and now I have the with the Preference box not saving changes/closing by clicking ok button (clicking cancel or "x" will close it down but without saving changes-same thing).

Does extending additional coax cable from my antenna (50+) have anything to do with it? (I dont see how but this is the only thing I did before it started bugging on me). I am keeping an eye on CPU usage but dont have a clue as to what CPU usage should be for this software? I have attached screenshots of my task manager while ANRB is running with IE..my machine specs as well....It was working fine I dont know what happened.....any help would be appreciated.

I dont intend to be a pain but I dont know anywere else to go with this....thanks for all your patience.

aalcaraz78

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »
After messing with it for an hour or so I realized that it starts to act up when I fiddle with the 3D settings too much it will work the first few times then it will stop working it doesnt seem to be a problem for the non-3D preferences....anyways I will have to live with it there are worst issues than these on these forums...thank you Airnav Support for everything you were a great help!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
ANRB.EXE using 24% CPU on a quad core processor indicates that the CPU is max'ing out.

aalcaraz78

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
Any suggestions on what I can do to help the computer out? Thanks man!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
I'm afraid that the way I help my machine is by hardly ever running in 3D, but then I haven't even got a separate graphics board.

Rod
Rod

aalcaraz78

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 03:07:49 AM »
I went out and bought a gaming PC with requirments to run the majority of PC games with a decent game graphics card JUST for this newly found hobby that I have gotten into....and ALL of the issues I was having with my older PC went Completley away.......I know I know...I told you so I told you so! LOL thanks everyone!

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
Great News! now you can 'really' enjoy this wonderful hobby :)
Best regards Dave.