anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Install version dillema  (Read 2635 times)

spikem

Install version dillema
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
Hi

I want to install my original 2009 Radarbox  software onto a new computer. I have found a link to the 3.13 software but would like to know if this was the last version produced for my original box. I see a file in the download section for  version 4.03 I believe but it says I should  upgrade which invloves further payment which I want to avoid.

I still have my original serial no and password and the new computer is on Win7 32bit incase this info is relevant

many thanks

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Install version dillema
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
Hi - you can download 3.13 or 4.03 free - they will both work fine with your box. You only pay extra money if you want to use the 3D option which is built in to 4.03 by paying the one-off charge. If you won't ever want 3D, the version 3.13 is fine, and quicker to download.

HTH

Rod
Rod

spikem

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:36 PM »
Thanks Rod

From what you are saying, I take it that the 4.03  has just the additional parts for the 3D and no further improvements on the 3.13 software. Am I correct?

Was a little concerned as I was originally using this on XP and thought there may be some Win 7 bits built into the new version that I should have.

Many thanks

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »
For use in 2D only, the two versions are identical - no difference at all. 4.05 is just 3.13 with 3D capability. And both of them need the 64-bit drivers, but only if you're running RadarBox on a 64-bit computer.

For Windows 7 and Vista, do remember the golden advice of NOT istalling to the default location - tell it to install in a folder such as C:\AirNav instead.

Rod
Rod

spikem

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
Ok fine with that Rod. Yes I did remember that bit about the folder to install to. Many thanks all up and running now. :-)

Cheers

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
Glad to hear it :-)

Rod
Rod