AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB suddenly stops receiving?  (Read 2556 times)

theastra

ANRB suddenly stops receiving?
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
Hi,

Weird and frustrating thing happened the other night, in that the device was working fine, and then all of a sudden there were no signals being received.

Hardware shows as connected

Green power light is lit on the device

USB and Signal lights flash blue on and off, in unison, every second or so, instead of the usual pattern of rapid flashing and the signal light flashing white when it receives something

I'm running an Asus netbook with XP 32-bit. I checked the ANRB drivers, and I have 2.2.4.0, with a driver date of 27/06/2007.

Are there newer 32-bit drivers? I've looked online and under RB support, but unable to locate.

Thanks in advance for any insight and advice. It's very frustrating as I'm sat in an airport hotel with a great, albeit a bit distant, view of the proceedings, but now the ANRB isnt working so I'm not able to ID a lot of stuff.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: ANRB suddenly stops receiving?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
Hi theastra

You don't mention which version of RadarBox you're running. If you're not running the latest version (3.13 or 4.03), I suggest you download it from the top link on this page: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

I don't think the 32-bit drivers have been updated, but installing the latest software, which automatically includes the 32-bit drivers, might help

Let us know if that solves it.

Rod
Rod

theastra

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
Hi Rod,

Sorry, it is V3.13.

Thanks,
Steven

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
So that's not a problem, then.

Does a reboot solve the problem? If not, check the connection of your aerial into the RadarBox - make sure the central copper wire is reaching the box - sometimes it gets retracted, and make sure it's not shorting with the coax shield.

Failing that,  try a different USB cable.

Good luck!

Rod
Rod

theastra

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
Getting a few hits now and then, but they timeout very quickly. I'm at a very busy airport, so I should def be getting more. Antenna looks ok, and I have rebooted several times. Shorting with coax shield? Sorry, no idea what that means!

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
I just mean the metal braid around the outside of the antenna cable - just make sure that's not touching the inner copper wire.

Rod
Rod

2E0FLP

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
Hi There theastra

How old is the box? I had a similar problem, of course the you spend ages checking connections etc. all to no avail.
My unit was defective, contacted support and they requested I send it to Waters & Stanton. They replaced a SAW filter (Surface Acoustic Wave, don't you know!) and also it looked like they put a resistor across the antenna input inside the box, to reduce static I should imagine. Works fine now! Just been using it portable at RIAT Fairford !!

Contact support would be my first port of call, I get the feeling this is a known problem !

Hope this helps.

Paul