anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flightnumber for DLH for Timetable / Schedule online?  (Read 2201 times)

wschrabi

Flightnumber for DLH for Timetable / Schedule online?
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »
Hi,
I have discoverd, that hte FLightnumber provided by AirNAV could have some letters in it. But the Timetable (for Lufthansa) does not accept letters. TIll now I had to look in www.libhomeradar.org to find the FLightnumber from the MODE-S ID. And with that Number I can see in the timetable (iPhone App from Lufthansa) when the Airplane is scheduled for landing. ANy advices are welcome.

neroon79

Re: Flightnumber for DLH for Timetable / Schedule online?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
The problem is, that the numbers in the timetables are IATA based flight numbers, the flight id's you can receive with RB are alphanumeric ICAO flight id's. There is no official place were you can download a tie-up table of Lufthansa IATA flight numbers and the related ICAO flight id. Same counts for a lot of Air Berlin flights. As far as I know there is no other way as you are already using. Except the fact, that many flight tracking pages are knowing both numbers (ICAO and IATA).
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

wschrabi

Re: Flightnumber for DLH for Timetable / Schedule online?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Thanks a lot for your informative reply. Ok, Now I know that I am doing the right one.
But libhomeradar.org would offer an API, so RB could enhaunce its product by accessing libhomeradar.org to search for the IATA FIDs.
Thanks