anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 64bit Driver ------ HELP !!  (Read 16644 times)

bearcat

Re: Windows 7 64bit Driver ------ HELP !!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
I have just insatalled 4.03 on a new W7 64bit PC without any major problems. When you install the drivers you point to the main driver folder not any items in it.  If your drivers are ok and still having trouble have you tried right clicking the ANRB icon and selecting "Run as Administraor".

Mine's running fine
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:00:20 AM by bearcat »

BOATMAN1950

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »
Thank you all for your help again but I have tried all that has been suggested and more. I have upgraded to 3D and all is well on the XP pc; but again no matter what I try I still get the 'no hardware connected'.

I am an engineer myself so 'should' ??' no a bit abut all this, but I as others, should not have issues such as this on a product that has been out for quite some time.

Yes, others may have had no probs at all, but the situation seems very unpredictable.

I have done a debug on the system, and in theory all should be well. The RB has the latest drivers and is showing up in both windows & on the sys as ok !!!

I give up !!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »
Sir,

Firstly the situation is not "unpredictable" and there are no issues at all with 64bit machines not running RadarBox, if that was the case we would have had hundreds of posts in this thread and other saying the same thing which isn't the case at all.

We would suggest you try the following:

- Uninstall RadarBox from your 64bit machine (both software and drivers)
- Install the latest RadarBox 3D from our website (To C:\RadraBox and download the latest drivers for 64bit
- Connect RadarBox up via USB cable (you might want to try another one, or another socket on your pc) and install the 64bit drivers when asked and then start RadarBox software as admin.

If that doesn't work tell us whether you have any other USB devices connected, or installed recentely. Lastly make sure its a fresh install (do not copy over any database files yet)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
I am an engineer myself so 'should' ??' no a bit abut all this, but I as others, should not have issues such as this on a product that has been out for quite some time.

1. Are you still getting an error about unsigned drivers?  You shouldn't, so check that you have all these correct drivers installed:

They should all say Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility

2. Have you tried running with Administrator Priviledge?

Don't give up, it works in Win7 - I'm running Win7 64 bit.

Runway 31

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
Chris,

Create a folder on your desktop and name it something you can easily remember Airnav64 bit drivers or like. Save the 64bit driver you downoad ,into it.  Once downloaded unzip the drivers into that same folder.

When  required direct the installer to that folder

Alan

BOATMAN1950

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
I have checked the driver files and all is as it should be.

I have also saved them to the desk top as well.

The above I have done many times now. I have even restored the pc right back and ensured that all NB/driver files were deleted from the pc and started again ------------------ many many times !!

Swingboy

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Hello
almost new to this - I have had an older model for a couple of years now - I have now gotten the new AirNav Systems 3D. And it seems I am getting similar problems.
I have already replaced the new drivers - they seem all good now!
One not so funyy feature is, that the communication box 'Preferences' right after opening up wants to know more about my station - but I don't even see the whole content, because the font's are far too big and the frame stays too small :-(
Anybody got an idea?
Thanks a lot!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Hi Sir,

Please try the following:

1.) Change to small Fonts (you should be able to do this from your control panel)
2.) Increase your resolutions to the max you can
3.) If you have a mini laptop, some allow you to expand the viewable screen size temporary so you can view it.
4.) As a last resort you can use the software below to resize it
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/ResizeEnable.shtml
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]