AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D Crash when I exit Internet Explorer 9  (Read 10816 times)

Birdie

RadarBox 3D Crash when I exit Internet Explorer 9
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
I faced 3 regular problems:

1). GoogleEarth crashed when I click on any specific aircraft on the left panel - then it suggest I reload Plug-in or reinstall plug-in.

I have re-installed the Plug-in many time, still it crashed.

2). Sometimes, when I click "Approach" aircraft, the GoogleEarth show the Aircraft flying BACKWARDS.

3). Whenever I exit Internet Explorer 9, the RadarBox 3D crash.

Are there some conflicts in the RadarBox 3D software and Internet Explorer ?

Using Windows 7, 64 bits version with new Intel CPU Chip.

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox 3D Crash when I exit Internet Explorer 9
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »
Have you installed Airnav within or outwith the virtual store.  If within I would suggest you try installing to somewhere like c:\Airnav to avoid windows virtual store problems

Alan

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
I have experienced point 3 on occasions.  Also have the same result if I start Photoshop Elements 10, making certain system changes eg changing default printer.  No other app I have has this problem, however, I have given up try to reslove as I'm consistently told RDB has no problem with Win7 64bit when I have brought this up before.

Yes I have installed in C:\airnav

Good luck sorry I can't offer more than sympathy ;-)

ATB

Graham

Birdie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »
Thanks GreekSpy2001,

I guess I have to bear with this inconvenience until AirNav come out with a fix.

Damn Bill Gates - that sneaky fellow !

AirNav never crash when I closed Mozilla Firefox !

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
Have you tried Google's Chrome or Apple's Safari. Win7 allows you to make these default browser so you don't need IE9 unless you need access to specific systems that only work with IE9.

Graham

knight01

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
I haven't experienced any of the issues you're experiencing.  My non-3D Radarbox software crashes every time with most programs I use regularly, mainly Nero and Photoshop CS6, there are other programs cause it to crash.  Now I've just given up and when I need to use a program that causes Radarbox to crash, I just don't load Radarbox for that time/day.

I use Radarbox on a high spec desktop PC.  I've done all the diagnostics, reinstall into non Program Files folder and nothing has helped.  I've also tried installing Radarbox on a new clean PC with all updates installed.  The outcome was same every time, radarbox crashing when I closed IE9 (same as OP, I use Firefox on my regular PC) and when I open Nero.

It's surprising because I work as a Windows/Mac Tech Support and the company I work for I diagnose/fix computers and provide support to multiple users.  This has made me look into my PC and Windows configuration more closely, I found no issues.  I've also spoken to some of my senior tech colleagues and they've said the root cause is the software that is crashing, it's probably unstable and buggy (i.e. Radarbox), not Windows.

Sorry I can't help OP.

What I've worked out is every computer now comes with some version of Windows 7 64bit pre-installed and has been for quite a number of years.  The 64bit OS should not be used as an excuse for compatibility/incompatibility anymore.  The problematic software must be made compatible and this generic diagnostic line should be used minimally "it must be your PC/OS settings and not the software".

Birdie

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »
No.

I use IE for One specific Website due to its "copy & paste" feature.

I normally use Firefox.

Birdie

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
I believe AirNav is working on a Fix.

Lets wait for AirNav to announce the Fix to remove this irritation.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
Hopefully you get something that works for you.  I use Windows 64 Home Premium and Professional.  I have Radarbox with IE9 and also use Photoshop and have never had a crash when using them with Radarbox.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »
Might be an idea to read this thread http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6972.0

Alan

Birdie

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »
I have latest drivers from the AirNav website

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:54 AM »
It would appear that the lad on the other thread had as well, in your position I would try these ones, what have you got to loose.

Alan