AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Navdata.db3 - 20111129  (Read 5479 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
New Navdata.db3 - 20111129
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
A new navdata.db3 installation is available on the link below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20111129.exe

Changes:
1) Updated aircraft table;

Again thanks for the hard work of the database updaters team.

neroon79

Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20111129
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Thanks for next release. Just 3 and half days old, but there are already 31 additions in my Database...

Many thanks to the Updaters at the "database end" and to all of the others spending a lot of "digging-time" to resolve new and old unknown airframes by posting their results to the "Database Update Requests " thread.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »
Theres already 400 odd additions to the d/b but as soon as any d/b is released it is out of date as it is not just new but also amended entries.

Thanks to all users who have contributed by sending your unknowns and also by alerting us to amendments needing made.  All contributions are appreciated.

Alan
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:17:22 PM by Runway 31 »

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Many thanks for the updated database guys, thanks to all concerned, it's really appreaciated.

It's taken my listing from 128805 aircraft upto 131187 - wow excellent work :) Thank you.
Best regards Dave.

BadWolf

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
I would also extend thanks to the database updaters. I do have a question regarding the navdata db file. I am seeing an odd behavior that even after running the executable file and the db3 file shows as the 11/29 version in the directory, the number of entries in the aircraft table remained at 80K (using the default version for reference). This was seen by me on two computers, one running Windows 7 9 64 bit) and also an old desktop that I am using to run the RB on full time.
On the laptop, I appear to have cleared it by reinstalling the RB software and now the aircraft table shows about 131K entries.
On the desktop, I repeated the reinstall with no effect. I copied the "working" laptop db file from the laptop to the desktop (via Dropbox) and the aircraft entries still show the default # of about 80K.
So, if one opens the DataBase Explorer and views the aircraft table, for example, are we seeing the data in that file? I tried moving the file, deleting the file and the view remained the same.
Any ideas?
Ed

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
Ed,

I would have a look and make sure you have no more than one Airnav installation on your computer.  Where do you have the Navdata Db3  installed to, you may have more than one copy on the computer.  If you installed Airnav to the default programefile location, I would delete it and re-install to something like C:\Airnav to avoid the windows store problem and delete any further references to Airnav you find on your computer.

When installing the update direct it to the new location.  Also remember and copy your my log file before deleting and use it to replace the one which is installed.

Alan

BadWolf

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
Alan,
Thanks for the suggestion. For everyone's reference, I did an uninstall (it was in the Windows/Program Files directory) and reinstalled into the C:\ directory and the ran the updater and it worked correctly and I see the 131K aircraft list now.
Alan, for reference, prior to my posting, I considered some form of Windows issue and I performed a reinstall of Windows as well, so I should have had a clean Air Nav install.
The upshot is it appears to be working correctly so far. Mnay thanks from Iowa.
Ed

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »
Glad its working OK now Ed

Alan

Wayne

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:19 AM »
Can I just confirm that I'm not missing something here. Before I did the update I checked file sizes beforehand. Navdata.db3 was 22862 and the number of records in the aircraft table within RadarBox's own database explorer showed 88990 records. I am running Vista and yes I have always installed into the default settings but never had any problems (well, excluding this one!). The software is in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Data and this is exactly where I specify the new .exe to download to but when complete the file NavData.db3 is unchanged in size and the number of records in the aircraft table are the same too. I know there is general mistrust about the virtual store situation but if my download is directed to the right directory it shouldn't be a problem surely? I have closed and restarted RB (and it was closed when I ran the update) but still no change. Any ideas?

Thanks

Wayne

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »
Wayne

I used to have all sorts of issues with this when on Vista, and generally found little logic with the various methodology. I'm sure it was my technical inadequacy, but generally found that saving the new file to a totally independant location and then simply doing a straightforward copy and replace into the data folder did the trick ok!

From memory you should have approx 131 k records in the aircraft table??

HTH

Regards

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
Wayne

From my own experience I would suggest that you only go as far as specifying ..............Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\ when installing the update.  Dont go as far as Data.

Thereafter, go to your AirNav Systems/AirNav Radarbox/Data and have a look at the Navdata file, it should be dated 29/12/2011 and be 27,748 KB in size if not its not the correct one.  It should have around 131,000 records if not the system is not reading the correct one.

Carry out a search for Navdata DB3 files and you will probably find at least one other which will show you where your problem lays.  I would also suggest that you delete all instances of Airnav and to reinstall outwith the default location to get away from any virtual store problems but remember to save your My log file to copy and replace the original.

Alan

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
Brilliant, thanks Alan and Rich. In the end went for Rich's straight forward copy and paste. Easy really when you know how but I'm always scared of messing things up!. Now I have 131187 records in the database table 'aircraft' and the NavData.db3 file shows as 27,661 which is more along the lines of what you saying it should be.

Thanks again guys

Wayne

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
Brilliant, thanks Alan and Rich. In the end went for Rich's straight forward copy and paste. Easy really when you know how but I'm always scared of messing things up!. Now I have 131187 records in the database table 'aircraft' and the NavData.db3 file shows as 27,661 which is more along the lines of what you saying it should be.

Thanks again guys

Wayne

Glad to be of help Wayne. Sometimes reverting to basic "cack-handed" windows practice does the trick with these things!

Hey Alan!!!  Bet you can't believe what you're reading eh pal??   ;-)  There's an IT career in me yet mate!

all the best for 2012 !

Regards

Rich