AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Home Premium  (Read 8814 times)

keithjohnl

Windows 7 Home Premium
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
My Windows 7 home premium does not work well with RadarBox software
1) Radarbox Software will only run in XP or other non 7 special modes (4.03)
2) Requires colour change to windows Basic to run
3) Properties box only part shows, cannot change properites, cannot enlarge box
4) Software still crashes after extended use just as on windows vista (XP professional never had any crash issues)

As my Pc is a 64bit machine and you can't get 32 bit machines(or xp) now it would nice if the clever software writers at Radar box would fix the problem with new software, a proper fix is desired rather than finding some strange software on the internet that tries to cheat a fix to alter properties box
many thanks

Runway 31

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
I moved to Windows 7 64BIT last week and so far have had no problems with it and it is working as expected with no problems so far

I take it you have downloaded and installed the 64 bit drivers which are available on the support page http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »
Hi

I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with no problems at all - I didn't need to change any settings at all to get RadarBox to run smoothly. I think you need to check your setup - for example, have you tried changing to a smaller font size to cure the Properties box problem?

And are you running RadarBox as an Administrator?

Rod
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:00:09 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

tommyg

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
My Win7 home premium runs ok other than openig the preferences window for which  I have had to download resizenable. This is a bug that is on AirNavs todo list when and that is a BIG when they get round to fixing these common bugs. (I reported this prob in Feb 2010 and I'm still waitin for the fix!!)

tommyg
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:21:08 AM by tommyg »
Tommyg

EK01

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
My Windows 7 home premium does not work well with RadarBox software
1) Radarbox Software will only run in XP or other non 7 special modes (4.03)
2) Requires colour change to windows Basic to run
3) Properties box only part shows, cannot change properites, cannot enlarge box
4) Software still crashes after extended use just as on windows vista (XP professional never had any crash issues)

As my Pc is a 64bit machine and you can't get 32 bit machines(or xp) now it would nice if the clever software writers at Radar box would fix the problem with new software, a proper fix is desired rather than finding some strange software on the internet that tries to cheat a fix to alter properties box
many thanks

I am no way IT literate but have been using Win 7 64 bit for quite some time now and have no problems with AN. Like Rod, I did not have to alter any settings just made sure the correct drivers were installed. Suggest you go down that route first as per Alan's instructions.

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
Like the others, I've had ANRB running fine on both W7 32 & 64 bit.

If you get any Software on a CD or DVD then it's always worth checking to see if there's been any updates to the software and drivers as your unit could have been in storage for some time.

I bet there were a load of Windows updates when you first got your PC, did maker of your PC forget to add these when they installed Windows?   

keithjohnl

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Many thanks for the various replies it is most appreciated,
The properties box does not resize still, resizeEnable does not seem to interact with this box for me, AirNav wise I am using all current drivers & software, windows wise new PC and fully updated, software will only run in XP comptability mode and windows basic colour
hopefully software will be improved to remove bugs that hit some of us, (as there are new ADS network companies now active, it may push software improvements)

Chris11

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
I assume you have installed into a c:\Airnav or something similar to prevent the Virtual store problems,
I am running on Win7 64

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:36:45 AM »
Keith,

As  it is not clear from your reply, when you state current drivers I presume you have downloaded and installed the windows 7 64 bit drivers from the website as advised and are not using the drivers that came with the box and as Chris advised do not do the standard c:\programfiles\airnav install.

As others are getting it working OK with Windows 7 64bit, it would point to something wrong with your installation. It might be advisable to uninstall and then do a complete re-install to see if that sorts out the problems you appear to be experiencing.  ResizeEnable works for others who have been on the forum with the same complaint.

For your info a new verson of the software is being produced and will be available at some stage which will iron out bugs in the present version.  As someone else pointed out this is similar to any other software not just ADSB software available to the market.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:39:42 AM by Runway 31 »

eyeinthesky

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »
I  have a brand windows 7 laptop and I have no problems.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Lopo_nik

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »
i keep getting this message
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

how do i get it to work on my Windows 7 Laptop?

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
Just ignore the mesage and click OK.  Also if its 64BIT version o windows make sure you download and install the driver from the support page

Alan