AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Driver  (Read 4013 times)

FL350

Windows 7 Driver
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
All,

Many thanks in advance for your help!

I have used ANRB for quite some time on XP Pro and am now trying to install it on Windows 7.

First of all I'm annoyed that the Quick Installation Guide in the CD jacket is as follows:

1) Connect the antenna to the Radar Box Hardware
2) Connect the USB cable to your PC
3) Insert the CD, Install software, etc.

The manual states: DO NOT CONNECT THE HARDWARE USB CABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE

I used the CD jacket first and the blue USB LED isn't lit on the box - Only the power LED... The software shows the device as 'Red' and not connected.

Can anyone help me with installing the driver from anew? The airnav driver isn't listed in my device list at all and I can't recall how to do this.

Many thanks!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Windows 7 Driver
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »
Hi FL350, First of all, Welcome aboard!  I've been running on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit since February 2010, and still have a number of glitches, but generally RB runs reasonably well.   I don't know what anyone else would suggest, but from the difficulties I had getting RB to run with Win 7 64-bit, I'd recommend - without RB connected, use the search facility and delete any files referring to AN programs.   Create a new location C:/AirNav Systems (a new file outside C :/programs).  Download the latest V.3.13 (from AN links as listed above) if you're not subscribing to 3D, to this new location.   If you've got 64-bit drivers, download the 64-bit drivers to the drivers file in the ANRB program you've saved in C:/AirNav Systems.   Once you've done this try to run the ANRB program, and with a lot of luck you'll get the Intro/Demo screen come up.   Now the big moment, connect up the RB box and enter the required details in the start boxes (the opening screen should show ANRB V4.03 - 3D version, but runs as V3.13 in 2D) then press start, and almost certainly it won't work!!!   Go to Control Panel, Device Manager and have a look for the RB under the USB items at the bottom - with a bit of luck it'll be shown there in yellow.   Open it up and see if you can get the screen that enables you to install drivers - click on this and then open up C:/AirNav Systems/ANRB program file, and point the the Install Driver to the ANRB file, which may do the trick, or you may have to shut down, re-start PC start the RB file (with RB connected) and run the Demo, which may get things going.
Let us know how this goes and come back if you need more!  HTH

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/support.html

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:41:18 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
One other thing is to run ANRB as "Administrator".
Just right click on the ANRB icon on your desktop and click on the forth item from the top "Run as Administrator".

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
Having got it loaded as described above, I've never needed to use the Run as Administrator (is this from running the Demo, which I've never done?) facility.

The main glitch I have is if I've got RB running and open other windows using IE, when I go back to RB, sometimes, it will have frozen up and has to be re-started, but I don't know if something I run is the problem or if it's an RB glitch.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

FL350

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »
Thanks CGJ and Budgie for all of your help!

I have a 32 system and had to manually locate the hardware (from active ports) and link to the (oddly enough) 64 bit driver that I downloaded for the 3.13 version. My old logs transferred over perfectly and now just a few odds and ends pertaining to the ANRB software- mainly outlines, etc. Now I face the task of setting up VNC freeware (Not so easy to accomplish from what I've read so far) so that I can roam my house with my homemade IPad airnav application ;-)

I am relieved to have my toy back anyway, and glad to be sharing on the network!

Best - FL350