anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tornado GR4 Flypasts  (Read 6333 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Tornado GR4 Flypasts
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:50 AM »
Something to look out for today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-14637529

A Tornado GR4 is expected to make a fly-past later at 13 sites that make up Scotland's newest university.  The jet from RAF Lossiemouth is to feature in a ceremony officially marking the creation of the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).  The Tornado crew plans to complete the fly-pasts as part of a training flight.

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
Re: Tornado GR4 Flypasts
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
We had two fly-pasts from them yesterday while we were out fishing on the West side of the island.
They use Stornoway Airport for practice approaches on a regular basis, we used to get the Nimrods doing the same thing but sadly that's a thing of the past.

smcm

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:52:25 PM »
Passed over Kirkwall about 1.10pm this afternoon.

I haven't been using Radarbox for a couple of weeks but just noticed today that I am at last starting to get Loganair/Flybe routing info again - has the probelm finally been resolved ?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
I haven't been using Radarbox for a couple of weeks but just noticed today that I am at last starting to get Loganair/Flybe routing info again - has the probelm finally been resolved ?

Yes.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6380.msg69308#msg69308

smcm

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »
Thanks, Tarbat

Will start monitoring more regularly now.  The routing info is quite important as mainly interested in the Loganair/Flybe flights around Orkney and Shetland.