AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prestwick Airport  (Read 3528 times)

fokker

Prestwick Airport
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
  Is there any reason why I cant pick up flights to and from Prestwick Airport. I live in Glasgow and get a good reception with the standard aerial but get no flights from this airport.

Runway 31

Re: Prestwick Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
EI-DYV RYR8DM Prestiwck- Ibiza is just off 13 passing 5000 ft in the climb.  I am picking it up from here in Motherwell.

As the box works with line of sight, depending in where you live in Glasgow they will need to be at a descent height before you could be able to pick them up.  By that time they may be out of distance from your antenna.

Its at FL160 around about Dumfries area now but is off Myflights due to terrain or another reason such as it being blanked out by the house construction or something else, but it is in a blank spot for my antenna but I am now picking it up on the network.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:40:43 AM by Runway 31 »

EK01

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »
Fokker,

Sad to say for this airport it will depend when you are tuned in. Commonly known as 'Ryanairport' that is about all you will get as far as ADSB signals are concerned as most other users are either bizjets or the occasional military, both types seldom using ADSB.

Go to the Prestwick Airport website for the Ryanair schedules.

fokker

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:55:47 AM »
 I live in Cambuslang. I can get flights flying over the airport but nothing seems to seen that is going to or from Prestwick. Anyway will look at the Fiddlers website. Thanks for the replies.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:34 AM »
The stuff flying over at 30,000 odd feet will be picked up no problems.  The inbound stuff mostly comes from the west or south east and as it descends it will drop out of your line of sight well before it comes within the range of the antenna.

I am not to far away from you in Motherwell and can usually pick up Prestwick traffic but loose it around 3-4000 ft and I use an attic mounted antenna but can follow it the rest of the way in on network if I want to.

Alan

Alan

Brimon

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
EI-DYV RYR8DM Prestiwck- Ibiza is just off 13 passing 5000 ft in the climb.  I am picking it up from here in Motherwell.

As the box works with line of sight, depending in where you live in Glasgow they will need to be at a descent height before you could be able to pick them up.  By that time they may be out of distance from your antenna.

Its at FL160 around about Dumfries area now but is off Myflights due to terrain or another reason such as it being blanked out by the house construction or something else, but it is in a blank spot for my antenna but I am now picking it up on the network.

Alan

I have the same problems with blank spots. I am in Carluke,near to but a lot higher than Motherwell & have some areas where I lose aircraft.I put it down to the hill at East Kilbride.I might get my spade out & level it off a bit!!!
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:36:53 AM »
If only it was that easy

Alan