anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My honest review of the DPD Productions ADS-B Antenna  (Read 4854 times)

CYYZGUY

My honest review of the DPD Productions ADS-B Antenna
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »
After waiting several weeks to receive the antenna from Dave at DPD, I finally got it and unpacked it.  As usual his packaging is superb and the box was sealed very well.  In a matter of minutes I attached it to my balcony, up 7 floors and ran the cable inside to the airnav box.

The Difference was noticeable right away.  Not only did I receive more aircraft...(Both Mode-S and ADS-B), the polar diagram started increasing in size right away.  My range was extended dramatically!  One thing I noticed was that the amount of ADS-B aircraft increased within the same range as I had before.  Meaning I was not picking up some ADS-B aircraft that were right under my nose.  Having it tuned to 1090 Mhz seems to be the key!
I also find that the movement of aircraft on my screen now seem more "fluid" as the signal is being received much stronger.

Highly recommended!

Jason
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:32:41 PM by CYYZGUY »
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Canonjohns40D

Re: My honest review of the DPD Productions ADS-B Antenna
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:14:09 PM »
HI Jason I ordered one and I have to fully agree with you on all aspects; from the ease of ordering, delivery service, packaging, the construction and results. It's superb bit of kit.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.