anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Database Released  (Read 48940 times)

freqhopping

Re: New RadarBox Database Released
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 02:25:09 AM »
I'll stick with my database of over 466,000 records.

NF2G

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 04:21:44 AM »
KJFK is in a part of Queens, NY, known as Jamaica.  In fact, it sits right next to Jamaica Bay.  For people unfamiliar with local geography, that location is probably too specific.  New York, NY would work better.

I have not updated my ANRB databases, so I will install this update.  But I am concerned about the inaccuracies being described by others.  How can it occur that so many new errors were introduced? 

I use PlanePlotter for primary aircraft identification and data sharing, so even if ANRB's database is missing or dead wrong, the errors have no direct effect on my monitoring except possibly some inconvenience.  Still, it's hard to recommend ANRB with a straight face knowing about the data problems it has.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
AirNav

what on earth is the reason for all these reported errors in the airports table???

It's a bit like taking your car to the garage, getting your engine fixed, and then driving off , only for your wheels to fall off!!

As far as I was aware, there didn't appear to be too much of a problem with the airports, but now we've taken a backward step?

Advances made on the aircraft table appear to be very encouraging, but this then makes a mockery of it.

Can you please put us all in the picture?

bratters

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
Some posts here ringing a bell.

Firstly regarding the download warning screen. I thought the warning was headed "Aircraft", with no mention made of routes. Hence no back-up hence the work done over past weeks on routes has been wasted and I'm back to square one. Ugh.

Secondly airport names - I recall seeing a flight last night destined for a UK airport called Baginton which us locals would call Coventry. However I thought this might have come through FlightDisplay - which is getting hammered and for which I am very thankful guys.

Runway 31

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
Please note that the airport data has nothing to do with the updater team, we only update aircraft data.

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 08:45:28 AM »
I know this has been a major problem for those of us who edit or enhance the database by other means.

All i can say is that i make a copy of the two databases everynight after i shut down Airnav (especially if i have made any changes). These files i copy into a database back-up folder.

That way if i have a corruption of Airnav or some virus i can still retrieve yesterdays data.

We get too lazy about back-ups until we have a problem. But if you put the effort into doing the work a few seconds to copy 4 files (.bak files as well) is a god send when it all goes ..... up.

Brian

bratters

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
Wise words Brian. There's nothing to beat a memory stick - moreso if you remember to use it!

bratters

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
Please note that the airport data has nothing to do with the updater team, we only update aircraft data.

Alan

So where does that data come from Alan?

Runway 31

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:27 AM »
I presume from Airnav?

Alan

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51:11 AM »
Hello

We have nothing to do with the airports. We only update Aircraft and all other tables are done by Airnav. The airport name does appear to be in the database but it isn't displayed for some reason. See the attached screenshot of the EGLL record from this new database.

Andrew

Bob SEN

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
also the 3d model of the A380 has switched to the default grey aircraft, a minor problem I know...... but, needs looking at..........

cheers

Bob
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

jasper37

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
many thx for the hard work involved re this update to all concerned
greatly appreciated

rgds jasper

ACW367

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »
Bob, the icao bug meant that these previouslymostly populated as A380. they are now in Navdata as correct A388. you need to make sure the skins you want are against both codes. again we updaters have previously highlighted this to airnav

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
We are investigating the airport data. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
I have made changes to the Airlines table, and the update lost them, too.

The unfortunate thing is that because aircraft use odd flight IDs, just having correct codes in the airlines table isn't necessarily going to produce the correct logos in RadarBox, so I update the table with actual codes used. Because of this, I don't want my airlines table overwriten at all, even with correct data.

Perhaps the next version of the updater could ask us which tables we want to update.

Rod
Rod