AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Automatic startup  (Read 3940 times)

msteen

Automatic startup
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
Is there any way to automatically start up airnav radarbox 4.03 if the computer restarts for some reason ? I have a computer set up with the software primarily for feeding a sql server with ads-b messages for my web service (under development) airpicsfw.net. One of the services there is to automatically get an SMS if there is something special arriving to my airport so that I (and others) may go there to photograph it. I also have radar on my iphone based on that data (http://www.airpicsfw.net/iphone/radar.php).

The problem is that the computer restarted and the feeding stopped this weekend, and I was not able to start it from where I was. So I should start it up at computer startup, and login automatically.

Maybe an idea for a future version is that ANRB can start a new program when up and running ? (I have my own program that reads data from port 10000 and send it to a server)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Automatic startup
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
msteen,

You can use the /connect command in the short cut to bypass the password screen. Then all you need to do is put that short cut in your start-up folder in the start menu.

That should mean it will be run RadarBox when your machine restarts and login automatically.  
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

G8VXY

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Does this work for 3.13 as well?

If so, sorry but I do not understand the above, is this adding the comand "/connect" to the properties of the shortcut on the desk top?

If so how?

(using XP home)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:26:12 PM by G8VXY »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »
Yes all versions. Right click on your RadarBox shortcut go to properties. In the target box add "/ connect" after the quotes without any quotes.

So depending on where your software is installed it will look like

"C:\AirNav Systems\RadarBox\ANRB.EXE" / connect
[email protected]

chewycanes

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
Hi 
Don't know if this helps or causes more problems.

I am running under Vista.
I had to do as Airnav said and modify the icon properties to add the /connect.

Then i had to go to START at bottom left of screen , then programs and find 'startup'. Then right click on this and open the folder. I then had to copy the shortcut icon into this folder.

Brian

G8VXY

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 04:30:56 PM »
Thanks that worked, I did try that before but I put the / connect inside the "comments"

sherlock holmes

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
Hi,
I don;t know if it makes a difference, I have XP and I added the / connect and it still doesn't autostart?

Sherlock Holmes

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
The / connect just allows you to start RadarBox without the login screen. You need to then put the shortcut in your startup folder.
[email protected]

neroon79

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 04:04:49 AM »
To place a  link ANRB.exe /connect direct in the 'Startup Folder' may cause problems on some "weaker" machines like Netbooks. I figured out that it is better to let windows do its whole starting "whatever" before starting RB Software. Proceeding that way makes the whole startup process -inculding ANRB startup- smother and faster.

Because I'm using two additional add-on Softwares I was looking for are Software which make it possible to idle start of ANRB.exe for 2,5min after windows startup and initialize the two add-on Softwares 3,5 to 4minutes after the ANRB Software.  (The Box SW must fully up before the other two are starting)

I found this tiny freeware: http://www.outertech.com/index.php?_charisma_page=news&id=55

It allows you a complete batched startup with customiIdle times etc. pp.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3