anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Populating  (Read 2580 times)

chewycanes

Populating
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »
Hi

Early yesterday evening i decided to do a populate in Mylog. It seemed to be taking a very long time and i noticed down at the bottom right hand corner it said something like 150 Photo/Info requests.

Why that many i don't know as i populate regularly. This ended up going on for an unusually long time as i assume it was downloading alot of photos at peak internet time. However even when the Photo/Info request went to zero it still did not come back to life.

When you do a populate i know you cannot do anything until it finishes and the mylog screen is refreshed.

Like most people i got impatient and pressed keys and kept getting a bleep. I had no indication of its status and thought it may have crashed. After what seemed like a long time it finally came back to life.

Would it not be sensible to have something on the screen explaining the status of the 'populating'. Something like when you download a file you get a bar showing its progress.

Just a thought for the next version.

Brian

knight01

Re: Populating
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
When I did populate for the first time, I thought the software had crashed.  But it hadn't.  There is a box that shows up, it gets hidden behind the MyLog window and/or sometimes behind the whole application.  
Before you start to populate, you should move the MyLog window to the side, so if the box gets hidden behind, it's easily visible and can be selected.
If not, press ALT+TAB and select Airnav Radarbox and it should then become visible.  You can then press "OK" to close the box.

This is what the windows should look like after you start to populate.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:04:02 PM by knight01 »