AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Radarbox software compatible with new Apple Computers?  (Read 3915 times)

skyking44

Is Radarbox software compatible with new Apple Computers?
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
I'm considering a new iMac computer with the Snow Leopard operating system and would like to know if anyone has used it successfully with the radarbox or do I need to keep my old PC?

DaveG

Re: Is Radarbox software compatible with new Apple Computers?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:34:30 PM »
It works but you need to use visualization software such as parallels or fusion to have windows installed.  Or. Install windows on Mac as dual boot option.

But does not run on Mac without one of these options.  If you search this forum you'll find other post confirming this.
Cornwall, UK

skyking44

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »
Thanks very much for the insight.  Looks like I've got some things to learn about Mac's before I jump in and get one.  I knew there was going to be a learning curve and this will just add a little to it.

RobinB

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 06:54:36 AM »
I find VM fusion better than parallels for this. WOrks a treat.

In fact I hardly ever use windows software now.

I purchased a small netbook which I use for the radarbox.

Once you move over to Apple there is very little need to move back.

Tailwinds

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
Looks like I've got some things to learn about Mac's before I jump in and get one.  I knew there was going to be a learning curve and this will just add a little to it.

Me too. I've got an iMac sitting in the corner and I've hardly used it since purchasing it two months ago. All my favourite programs are on my custom built PC which I know (almost), like the back of my hand when it comes to windows. All my stuff like Flight Simulator X, Airnav Radar, Satellite tracking software, Astronomy programs are all PC based. I know how to stick iTunes media on the iMac though lol.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!