AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saving Database  (Read 4450 times)

WRINKLY ZIMMER FRAME

Saving Database
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Hi everyone,
This is coming from a person with age related memory shutdown, I'm just in the throes of changing my computer to Windows 7 from Vista can anybodybody tell me please if my original database can hbe saved and transferred to my new computer and if so how.
Many thanks in anticipation of your replys.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Saving Database
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
Hello Mr Frame.

Just copy the files Navdata.db3 (the master database) and MyLog.db3 (the log of aircraft you've received) off the old system and into the new, replacing the files on the new one.

You'll find them here:
C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 3D\Data
if you installed to the default location.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

WRINKLY ZIMMER FRAME

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
Hi Rod
Many thanks for that, am getting new PC tomorrow so I can get it up to date quickly.
           Wrinkly.

ACW367

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »
Wrinky

When you install airnav onto the new system it will ask you if you want to install to the default file location. The computer will try to give you something like C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems

It is best to remove the 'program files' part of the default extension so it reads C:\AirNav Systems

By installing to C:\AirNav Systems instead of C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems you avoid problems with your data files ending up in a separate part of the system called the 'virtual store'.

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
I've been running with my data files in the "virtual store" for several months with no ill effects (that I'm aware of).  Is there something to be gained for me to do a re-install with the non-default path?

Thanks!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

WRINKLY ZIMMER FRAME

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
Hi everyone,
Many thanks for your advice I am now going to shut this box down and take the new one out of the box.

wrinkly

ACW367

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
I've been running with my data files in the "virtual store" for several months with no ill effects (that I'm aware of).  Is there something to be gained for me to do a re-install with the non-default path?

Thanks!
Jim

It just means you have to look in two different places. Outlines and DAT will be in programme files, while photos and logos are in virtual store. 

For someone who is not completely computer literate it can be quite difficult to naviagate to the virtual store in explorer. By not installing to Programme files the only advantage is you then have all your files in the same area on the drive instead of in two seperate locations and all files are easier to navigate to through the C Drive tab on explorer.